Corsair Community

H115i ICUE incorrect fan speed

Hi!

I have a Corsair H115i PRO XT cooler. I think everything is wired correctly, but one of the fan speed readings (Fan #1) in ICUE is completely off, as shown on the image. Another one looks correct as it's set to 60% so RPM should be around that.

Anybody has any clue what could be causing this or how could I fix it?

Capture.png

Well, we need to determine if the issue is the fan or the cooler. What happens if you switch the fans on the port? Does the issue follow the fan or stay on port 1?

And do you happen to be running any splitters on there?

No splitters used.

If I switch fans then the issue is on the #2 Fan. So yes it follows the fan.

No splitters used.

If I switch fans then the issue is on the #2 Fan. So yes it follows the fan.

And plugging the same fan in motherboard header shows correct reading in CPUID, so looks like still some issue either with iCUE or with the cooler.

do you happen to use another monitoring software along with iCUE like HWinfo64, HWmonitor etc? these conflict with iCUE and create bogus readings like that. when they poll the cooler at the same time.

I use HWmonitor yes. But I don't have it running when checking iCUE readings, so not sure how it could be related.

it's still possible for the installed version to affect CUE, even if it is not running. On launch (the little app window), click settings and then safety. Uncheck Asetek/Corsair Link support. That should stop the monitoring of the internal Corsair devices. You may need to restart the CUE service from the CUE settings after this to make things untangle. You should do this even if it is not the cause of the current issue.

Following the fan suggests the problem is with the fan tach wire, but then it is surprising it reads normally anywhere else if this is true. Easiest path is to eliminate any chance of software conflict first, before chasing more elusive causes.

it's still possible for the installed version to affect CUE, even if it is not running. On launch (the little app window), click settings and then safety. Uncheck Asetek/Corsair Link support. That should stop the monitoring of the internal Corsair devices. You may need to restart the CUE service from the CUE settings after this to make things untangle. You should do this even if it is not the cause of the current issue.

Following the fan suggests the problem is with the fan tach wire, but then it is surprising it reads normally anywhere else if this is true. Easiest path is to eliminate any chance of software conflict first, before chasing more elusive causes.

I guess these instructions are for HWiNFO64, but i use HWMonitor not HWiNFO64.

Then we are back to the fan and the problem of the garbage reading following the fan. I am not sure why it reads OK on the MB if the tach wire is damaged. One possible work around is to use a standard PWM splitter for the two radiator fans. Put the wacky fan on the 3 pin end of the 4+3. That makes the other fan in control and plug into 1 of the 2x4 pin fan channels on the AIO. You don't need independent fan control for the radiator fans.

I would contact Corsair support about the fan, assuming this is one of the original ML fans. That appears to be a question not asked yet and it definitely has some bearing. There are some PWM fans that do not always respond to the signal and impossible values or no control is possible.

Then we are back to the fan and the problem of the garbage reading following the fan. I am not sure why it reads OK on the MB if the tach wire is damaged. One possible work around is to use a standard PWM splitter for the two radiator fans. Put the wacky fan on the 3 pin end of the 4+3. That makes the other fan in control and plug into 1 of the 2x4 pin fan channels on the AIO. You don't need independent fan control for the radiator fans.

I would contact Corsair support about the fan, assuming this is one of the original ML fans. That appears to be a question not asked yet and it definitely has some bearing. There are some PWM fans that do not always respond to the signal and impossible values or no control is possible.

Will give it a try. Thanks for your help!