Jump to content
Corsair Community

Ironclaw RGB Wireless Not Pairing/Detected by computer or iCue


Recommended Posts

My mouse was fine after updating to the latest version of iCue initially.

 

I then did the update for the wireless dongle to v.5.0.84 and now my mouse is no longer detected.

 

Tried a reset

Tried a clean install (deleted all corsair folders including those in the registry)

I tried reinstalling a previous version of icue.

Tried uninstalling the devices in Device Manager

 

No luck with anything.

 

My mouse can connect to my computer using bluetooth, but pairing using the 2.4GHz method with the dongle no longer works.

 

Has anyone encountered this and found a fix?

 

i attached screenshots for reference. You can see the version number for the dongle and also that the "Initiate" button to start pairing is grayed out and can't be selected.

 

The last screenshot shows my mouse connected to my pc with bluetooth.

 

This sucks since i can't load my profiles on bluetooth.

mouse1.thumb.JPG.587f88af63a5bcd0870dcc323b1fe8a9.JPG

mouse2.thumb.JPG.90dfcb814021fd2a1391dea5ca27ceb5.JPG

mouse3.thumb.JPG.f24444cf84da09c69cfef40f0089b51b.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you tried to pair the mouse while having it plugged in via the USB cable?

 

Yes, that doesn't work either. It'll charge, and you'll see all the lights come on, but it doesn't detect it as a mouse or anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok so i solved this

 

1. Power mouse off

2. Hold the button right under the scroll wheel

3. Power on the mouse

4. This will reset the mouse

5. Connect to USB using wire, set mouse to off (mouse will still work as a wired mouse)

6. In iCUE make sure all firmware is up to date

7. Make sure dongle is plugged in

8. Under mouse setting in iCUE, click on pair

9. Unplug USB wire and set to 2.4GHz

10. Working for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reset does not fix it. I am having a similar problem and am awaiting support answers. It appears to be a firmware related issue. Also those who have installed icue 4.xx and tried to go back to 3.xx are left with a mouse that cannot be seen by incur. I think we just need to wait for them to tell us how to revert our firmware
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I am having the same issue since trying to Bluetooth with my phone (after upgrading to v4 software, always worked 9n phone and PC without issue).

 

My mouse goes slowly and repeatedly (at high value brightness, like a demo mode or something) through a rainbow on logo/top/front. On the profile light on the side it is a very rapid color changing rainbow travelling constantly and quickly from bottom to top interjected with a fast travel blue interjections running over the other colors, I believe at a slightly faster pace, every 1.5 seconds or so.

 

Not recognized at all by windows anymore. Can't pair with anything, does not work in any mode. I have tried soft resetting (right click or profile up both seem to do nothing), uninstalling drivers, stepping to previous versions wiping all ice from my machine and restarting every time. Drained the mouse completely hoping it might help, nadda.

 

Tried to do the latest firmware to the dongle which still showed in iCue but could not pair, with no option to try until updating firmware). It couldn't find my mouse to update, it tried to update the dongle, and now while I can see it in windows (printers and devices, with very many hid devices part of it, virtual device and whatnot in device manager) iCue 3 and 4 (multiple versions) cannot pick it up anymore.

 

The only time it will do anything else besides those constant light rainbow patterns is if when powered I am holding DPI up and down at the exact same time using any of the 3 methods (BT, 2.4, plug it in). Then the lights all pulse white in unison slowly 6 times then Juno back into rainbow until it is powered off and tried again.

 

No clue where to go from here.

Edited by Krymm
Bad thumbs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

 

I had the same problem, me and my son spent ages trying to find a solution. In the end we connected the mouse via USB that iCUE recognised and the mouse itself showed up in the software in wired mode. I then updated the firmware for the mouse itself and bingo, all of a sudden the pair button appeared and worked.

 

I suspect it was down to the fact, for me at least, that the mouse was using a very old firmware version (v1. something) and I had updated the dongle firmware already to v 5. something. The mouse is now also on v5. something and I suspect this is why it suddenly started working and let me pair them.

 

Hopefully, this will help one or two of you who seem to be having the same, if not similar, issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all just my input here. After hours of trying to have icue recognize my wireless Harpoon RGB Mouse (PITA) I change the USB serial bus controllers under device manager to windows 8 compatibility. This was done one at a time by right clicking browse my computer for drives and then selecting “let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”Once the next box appears showing your compatible hardware click on them one at a time letting them reload drivers and if any conflicts appear you should receive a pop up window asking if you would like to change the compatibility to windows 8 or other listings of compatibility. Save settings and presto your device is now recognized by ICUE. Now this worked for me and hopefully for you as well. Hope this helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I had the same issue after updating my firmware and I was able to get it working. 

1. check for updates on the mouse. Dont unplug until its done

2. Plug in the receiver and a notification popped up to update the receiver. Dont unplug until its done

3. Plug in the mouse using the wire that comes with the mouse to your USB on your PC (This is important, because any other cable I tried did not work)

4. Remove the receiver from the converter (converts the USB to a Micro USB) and plug the receiver only into a USB slot on your PC. (This is also important because the receiver cannot be in the converter and plugged in with a separate cable, as its not recognized for some reason.)

5. Go to device setting on the mouse in the iCUE app, click pair, and then they will find each other.

 

This worked for mine to be able to go back to wireless after the firmware update. I hope I explained that okay and I hope this works for others. 

Edited by Punsk
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I had this problem, too.  Was able to figure a few things out.  Here's my story.

 

Got my Ironclaw a few days ago, used it with the WiFi dongle on WiFi mode, when today, I finally decided to go into iCUE and look through settings.  Noticed there were firmware updates, proceeded to update the Dongle/WiFi Receiver firmware from v1.x to v5.x... it went through then said it had failed.  D'oh!  Retry button didn't do anything.  Reboots, experimentations, etc. nothing was working.  The only response I could get from the mouse or iCUE with regard to the mouse was if I plugged the USB cable in, and I would see a small icon for the mouse-and-cable appear in iCUE, then it would go away, and sometimes the mouse would actually move the cursor, but verrrry intermittently, and jittery, and within 30-60 secs, fail to work at all.  The WiFi receiver entry in iCUE would never light up the "Pair" button.

 

One important thing that had confused me at first is that I was thinking of the WiFi "pair" process as identical in the method of pairing you use for "Bluetooth Pairing" -- it is not.  For the Pairing process with the WiFi receiver, you must have the mouse plugged in with the USB cable AND the WIFi receiver also plugged in!  Then, the button lights up, and you can pair the devices, and finally unplug the USB cable and use it with WiFi mode!

 

I'm not sure if it made a difference for the pairing process I just mentioned, but I had to flip over to Bluetooth mode to actually use the mouse in order to get its firmware updated, and pair it with the WiFi.  Note: While in Bluetooth mode, though, the mouse does not show up in iCUE.  Hence, preference to switching back over to WiFi.

 

So, not promising they'll work for everyone, but here's the steps I took:

  • Unplug mouse, and WiFi receiver, turn mouse to Off mode.
  • Hold down the "Profile Button" (the button between the scroll wheel and the lower middle button), and flip the mode switch to Bluetooth
  • Pair over Bluetooth with the PC.
  • At this point, the mouse was now working for me.
  • Since I am going to update the firmware, plug the mouse directly in with USB (continued to work fine while also on Bluetooth)
  • Go to iCUE and I see the mouse, finally!
  • Go to the Mouse entry, click Device Settings, choose "Check for Updates".  Then update the mouse firmware.
    NOTE: It will probably tell you to plug in the receiver, but it's okay -- just click "Skip", we just want to update the mouse firmware right now.
  • With the firmware of both the WiFi receiver AND mouse updated, I felt better.  Things should work more smoothly, now.
  • Now, plug the WiFi receiver back in.
  • It will show up in iCUE, go to its entry.
  • With the mouse still plugged in, and the WiFi receiver plugged in, you should see the "Pair" button light up.
  • Click "Pair" and follow instructions.  You should get the success message.
  • Now, flip the mode switch on the mouse to "Off", and disconnect its USB cable.
  • Flip the mode switch to WiFi.
  • It's now working!
  • Dance, cheer, curse, or do whatever it is when you feel accomplished.

 

Hope this helps some folks coming here with this issue!

-==SteeleMage==-

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue with my ironclaw rgb but nothing I have done works, I tried following all the advice in this thread and nothing has worked, when I try to connect over the 2.4ghz mode my mouse blinks white and doesn't work. My mouse also doesn't work while plugged in so potentially my mouse is broken in a way? I can still use bluetooth to connect and my mouse works just fine that way but I still can't get it to show up on icue 4 but the dongle shows up just fine. At this point I'm all out of ideas and I don't want to contact customer service cause my mouse was a gift from almost a year ago and I doubt I'll get a replacement and I just don't want to have to buy a new mouse right now....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 10/9/2021 at 8:44 PM, DankReaver said:

I have the same issue with my ironclaw rgb but nothing I have done works, I tried following all the advice in this thread and nothing has worked, when I try to connect over the 2.4ghz mode my mouse blinks white and doesn't work. My mouse also doesn't work while plugged in so potentially my mouse is broken in a way? I can still use bluetooth to connect and my mouse works just fine that way but I still can't get it to show up on icue 4 but the dongle shows up just fine. At this point I'm all out of ideas and I don't want to contact customer service cause my mouse was a gift from almost a year ago and I doubt I'll get a replacement and I just don't want to have to buy a new mouse right now....

I'm having exactly the same problem. Any news on this error?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So as stupid as this may sound the fix is literally using another USB cord. For some reason corsair decided it would be a beautiful idea to send a non compatible cable with the mouse, Good product quality corsair! 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a Corsair Ironclaw Wireless mouse for Christmas. I already have an Ironclaw with cable, like the size and wanted the same model only without cable. 
I read through the "instruction manual" because I've already had my experiences with ICUE and know what a really really bad piece of software it is - so I didn't want to do anything wrong. Mouse connected via cable to charge - nothing happens. Absolutely nothing, no light turns on, ICUE doesn't recognize a mouse, nothing. Of course used the cable from Corsair. Plugged in the dongle - dongle is recognized, mouse suddenly too. Immediately the reference to firmware updates. Great, you know, always keep everything up to date nowadays. So, download started, installed - dongle visible, mouse from this point no longer. NEVER AGAIN. I have tried every trick that has come to me in the forums here.Half a dozen cables (and actually with one cable - not from Corsair, it worked that the mouse loads and lights up, but I still couldn't operate anything with it and ICUE still didn't recognize any device).  Bluetooth works, but not by itself - I have to search for a device via Windows. Connect to the dongle is not possible because no mouse is recognized in the ICUE, not after reset, not after reboot, not after no matter what I tried. Maybe a faulty mouse? Can happen. So sent back, requested replacement device, quickly received - same problem. And I mean: exactly the same problem. By the way, this mouse also only charges with a non-Corsair cable. Really, really good work Corsair. I regularly build PCs for friends, relatives, etc, 10 builds last year alone.Half a dozen cables (and actually with one cable - not from Corsair, it worked that the mouse loads and lights up, but I still couldn't operate anything with it and ICUE still didn't recognize any device).  Bluetooth works, but not by itself - I have to search for a device via Windows. Connect to the dongle is not possible because no mouse is recognized in the ICUE, not after reset, not after reboot, not after no matter what I tried. Maybe a faulty mouse? Can happen. So sent back, requested replacement device, quickly received - same problem. And I mean: exactly the same problem. By the way, this mouse also only charges with a non-Corsair cable. Really, really good work Corsair. I regularly build PCs for friends, relatives, etc, 10 last year alone. I will ACTIVELY recommend NOT to buy Corsair products. I had already lost some nerves with my headset from Corair, or actually with ICUE. Once everything is up and running, it's good to go. But I will live a few years shorter because of your software and the trouble I have had with it so far. I will not buy a single Corsair product again without exception, and over time will replace every single one I own. I'll be glad when this piece of junk software is no longer on my computer. And the way customer service is responding to this very problem (which is obviously not unique to me) speaks volumes.
 

Edited by Michauki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, recently my Corsair Ironclaw just disconnected and would not pair. However I found the solution for me, When in the iCUE program press on the USB at the top of the screen, once you are in there look at the bottom left of your screen and there should be a button named PAIR and hit it. That's what fixed my mouse, of course make sure your USB cable is plugged in if it's not connecting. ALSO don't forget to update it all, if it tells you to plug in USB cord or RECEIVER just hit skip and it should start updating, make sure the USB cable is plugged in whilst you do all of this!

2022-01-19 (3)_LI.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 6:00 PM, jjl88 said:

I have the exact same problem as you and involve the exact same steps as you, i hope they figure this one out, i can only use normal BT atm.

 

On 5/21/2021 at 6:46 PM, jjl88 said:

ok so i solved this

 

1. Power mouse off

2. Hold the button right under the scroll wheel

3. Power on the mouse

4. This will reset the mouse

5. Connect to USB using wire, set mouse to off (mouse will still work as a wired mouse)

6. In iCUE make sure all firmware is up to date

7. Make sure dongle is plugged in

8. Under mouse setting in iCUE, click on pair

9. Unplug USB wire and set to 2.4GHz

10. Working for me

I second this solution, after a headache inducing 30 minutes of trial and error, this fixed it. I personally run all corsair just because I love the brand. However this solution should be everywhere applicable, especially just as the setup instructions in the box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone hear back from Corsair tech team on this? I just bought the Ironclaw yesterday, plugged it in, worked beautifully. I opened iCue to play around with color schemes, the mouse and wireless usb hub were there. Got the alerts to update firmware, so I did. Followed the instructions to the letter. Boom. Now iCue doesn’t recognize the mouse. I tried every solution or fix on this thread, nothing. So long story short…it worked as soon as I purchased it, updated firmware and it didn’t work anymore. 
What’s up Corsair? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same problem with the ironclaw only connecting via bluetooth. and then the mouse wasn't being registered when connecting with cable. used a different cable and it worked fine.

I spent alot of time doing weird resets and holding lots of buttons, completely reinstalling icue and losing profile data etc. but it was just a cable problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 9/25/2021 at 3:50 AM, SteeleMage said:

I had this problem, too.  Was able to figure a few things out.  Here's my story.

 

Got my Ironclaw a few days ago, used it with the WiFi dongle on WiFi mode, when today, I finally decided to go into iCUE and look through settings.  Noticed there were firmware updates, proceeded to update the Dongle/WiFi Receiver firmware from v1.x to v5.x... it went through then said it had failed.  D'oh!  Retry button didn't do anything.  Reboots, experimentations, etc. nothing was working.  The only response I could get from the mouse or iCUE with regard to the mouse was if I plugged the USB cable in, and I would see a small icon for the mouse-and-cable appear in iCUE, then it would go away, and sometimes the mouse would actually move the cursor, but verrrry intermittently, and jittery, and within 30-60 secs, fail to work at all.  The WiFi receiver entry in iCUE would never light up the "Pair" button.

 

One important thing that had confused me at first is that I was thinking of the WiFi "pair" process as identical in the method of pairing you use for "Bluetooth Pairing" -- it is not.  For the Pairing process with the WiFi receiver, you must have the mouse plugged in with the USB cable AND the WIFi receiver also plugged in!  Then, the button lights up, and you can pair the devices, and finally unplug the USB cable and use it with WiFi mode!

 

I'm not sure if it made a difference for the pairing process I just mentioned, but I had to flip over to Bluetooth mode to actually use the mouse in order to get its firmware updated, and pair it with the WiFi.  Note: While in Bluetooth mode, though, the mouse does not show up in iCUE.  Hence, preference to switching back over to WiFi.

 

So, not promising they'll work for everyone, but here's the steps I took:

  • Unplug mouse, and WiFi receiver, turn mouse to Off mode.
  • Hold down the "Profile Button" (the button between the scroll wheel and the lower middle button), and flip the mode switch to Bluetooth
  • Pair over Bluetooth with the PC.
  • At this point, the mouse was now working for me.
  • Since I am going to update the firmware, plug the mouse directly in with USB (continued to work fine while also on Bluetooth)
  • Go to iCUE and I see the mouse, finally!
  • Go to the Mouse entry, click Device Settings, choose "Check for Updates".  Then update the mouse firmware.
    NOTE: It will probably tell you to plug in the receiver, but it's okay -- just click "Skip", we just want to update the mouse firmware right now.
  • With the firmware of both the WiFi receiver AND mouse updated, I felt better.  Things should work more smoothly, now.
  • Now, plug the WiFi receiver back in.
  • It will show up in iCUE, go to its entry.
  • With the mouse still plugged in, and the WiFi receiver plugged in, you should see the "Pair" button light up.
  • Click "Pair" and follow instructions.  You should get the success message.
  • Now, flip the mode switch on the mouse to "Off", and disconnect its USB cable.
  • Flip the mode switch to WiFi.
  • It's now working!
  • Dance, cheer, curse, or do whatever it is when you feel accomplished.

 

Hope this helps some folks coming here with this issue!

-==SteeleMage==-

This absolutely worked for me. Just be sure to use latest iCue version 4. (as from writing this its v 4.24.193).

After unpacking of the mouse and charging it,  no connection possible. I then tried the version 3 first, which is also available for downloading on the Corsair website. But with that, the wireless receiver did not even get recognized (no devices).

With iCue v4 installed instead, it immediately recommended updating the firmware of the receiver to ver. 5.x.

After that I could continue with the above steps and now everything is working perfectly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...