Corsair Community

How to control the Lian Li Strimer Plus with ICUE?

Hello

I'm actually building a new PC and the AIO (H100I RGB Platinum SE) RAM (Corsair Dominator Platinum) and Fans (QL120) are all from Corsair and controlled through ICUE. I would like to add the Lian Li Strimer Plus but I'm wondering how to plug them in order to be able to control them with the same software.

My case is the Lian Li Dynamic Mini which will allow me to install up to 11 fans.

FOR PWM CONTROL:

The 3 fans at the top and bottom (6 in total) will be plugged in the Commander Pro.

The 2 fans in the front side of my radiator will be controlled by my AIO.

The rear fan and the 2 fans on the back side of my radiator (Push and Pull) will be plugged in my motherboard.

FOR RGB CONTROL:

9 or 11 fans will be plugged in 2 Lighting Node Cores and those 2 Lighting Node Cores will be plugged in the Commander Pro using the 2 USB ports.

THE 2 LED PORTS ON THE COMMANDER PRO WILL BE AVAILABLE.

I have heard that it was possible to control the Lian Li Strimer Plus with ICUE by using that specific cable:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EZDIY-FAB-Adapter-Corsair-Lighting-Commander/dp/B088NS1DBK/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Lighting+node+pro+cable&qid=1621411700&sr=8-2

Is that all I need ? Or should I also buy a Lighting Node Pro as well? I have seen people adding a Lighting Node Pro but I don't know exactly why. Is it because of a power issue? Or is it because the 2 Led ports on the Commander Pro are not available anymore for those using 2 RGB Hub instead of 2 Lighting Node Cores which are plugged differently on the Commander Pro?

How will I connect the Lian Li Strimer Plus if I want them to be controlled with ICUE? I assume that I should plug that specific cable posted before in the Led port of the Commander Pro?

Should I use 2 cables then? One for the Lian Li Strimer Plus 24 Pins and the other one for the 8 Pins? All plugged in the 2 Led ports of the Commander Pro?

Is the Commander Pro powerful enough to control 6 PWM Fans, 9 or 11 RGB Fans and 2 Lian Li Strimer Plus?

Thank you for your help

Corsair may not support it but it can work.

You'll need an adapter, as you mentioned. I've not used EZDIY-FAB so I can't speak specifically to their product.

Once you have the adapter, connect it to the Corsair controller and then the Strimer Plus controller. Put the Strimer Plus into "Motherboard control mode" (press M1 for 2 seconds) and configure the channel in iCUE for strips - 2 if you have just the ATX Strimer and 3 if you have ATX + PCIe.

No need for the Lighting Node Pro; the Commander Pro's RGB will work just fine.

I'm using adapters and a LNP.

Both Strimers are set to be "450 mm Strips" (I'm using two 3x8 Strimer Plus).

You can't do all the cool effects build into the Lian Li controller - but it does look pretty cool all the same.

Edited by WillyUndBilly

I'm using adapters and a LNP.

Both Strimers are set to be "450 mm Strips" (I'm using two 3x8 Strimer Plus).

You can do all the cool effects build into the Lian Li controller - but it does look pretty cool all the same.

You need to edit your post chief.

‘Can’t do all the cool effects....

About to start my build soon. I have the EZDiy adapter cable and a 24pin Strimer+ and a Triple8+ for my 3090. Is it still 3 RGB strips you set in iCUE for the relevant channel or was 3 strips when Lian Li still only had Dual 8pin Strimer+ for GPU’s but with the advent of the Triple, should we be telling it it's 4 strips?

Edited by Ca1ibos

About to start my build soon. I have the EZDiy adapter cable and a 24pin Strimer+ and a Triple8+ for my 3090. Is it still 3 RGB strips you set in iCUE for the relevant channel or was 3 strips when Lian Li still only had Dual 8pin Strimer+ for GPU’s but with the advent of the Triple, should we be telling it it's 4 strips?

I use the single 450mm for the 3x8 pin strimer plus and the 350mm for the 24 pin strimer plus. It uses almost all of the 450/350 mm leds, so it is very fluent compared to using several single strips instead.

• 1 month later...
I'ven't understood. I have one strimer plus triple 8 for my 3090 and one 24 pin strimer plus for my mb. But need 2 commander pro? Need 2 lights module ? Or u can use only one Lian-Li light module ? I've used 3 cables but doesn't work. Can u post a pic ?