Corsair Community

PCIE riser cable length

I've got an i145 case that I'm building in and need to order a PCIE riser but I don't know how long I need. Has anyone already done this and know a length that works? Or can someone measure theirs so I can get an idea of what length before folding will be required. I'd like to avoid buying the longest I can find and having a bunch of excess blocking airflow.

I have a 2017 Corsair ONE. I upgraded the riser cable with a Thermaltake 200mm length riser cable. I believe the i145 is the same length. One thing to keep in mind when you buy a riser cable also, is to make sure that the GPU end of the new cable is oriented in line with the cable itself. What I mean is that some cables are designed so you can install your graphics card with the fans facing out of the case in a normal size pc case. So the connection on the GPU side is perpendicular to the cable which will make it hard to use on the Corsair ONE case. You want a connection that is in line with the cable. Have a look at the link below just to see what I mean about the connections.

(Ideal GPU connection)

https://www.thermaltake.com/gaming-pci-e-3-0-x16-riser-cable.html

(Not ideal GPU connection)

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/legacy-products/accessories/riser-cable-200mm/

One more thing to keep in mind, is if you can, find out the specs of the mounting holes for the GPU side. Some riser cables won't line up the the Corsair ONE mounting studs. In my case they don't line up so my riser cable is not screwed on the studs. Not a big deal since the graphics card is mounted by its bracket anyway; my system has been running with no issues.

I have a 2017 Corsair ONE. I upgraded the riser cable with a Thermaltake 200mm length riser cable. I believe the i145 is the same length. One thing to keep in mind when you buy a riser cable also, is to make sure that the GPU end of the new cable is oriented in line with the cable itself. What I mean is that some cables are designed so you can install your graphics card with the fans facing out of the case in a normal size pc case. So the connection on the GPU side is perpendicular to the cable which will make it hard to use on the Corsair ONE case. You want a connection that is in line with the cable. Have a look at the link below just to see what I mean about the connections.

(Ideal GPU connection)

https://www.thermaltake.com/gaming-pci-e-3-0-x16-riser-cable.html

(Not ideal GPU connection)

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/legacy-products/accessories/riser-cable-200mm/

One more thing to keep in mind, is if you can, find out the specs of the mounting holes for the GPU side. Some riser cables won't line up the the Corsair ONE mounting studs. In my case they don't line up so my riser cable is not screwed on the studs. Not a big deal since the graphics card is mounted by its bracket anyway; my system has been running with no issues.

Very much appreciated information echosierra. I think they may be the same length as well even though the newer models have the motherboard and gpu orientation flipped. Going to order a 200mm and give it a try. Now if I could figure out what everyone's been doing with their HG10 style cooling brackets, can't find them anywhere.

You could just run a normal air cooled graphics card instead. Won't be as quiet during gaming but they do have zero RPM mode during idle. I am not sure if there is even brackets for newer GPUs. What GPU will you be using in your system?

You could just run a normal air cooled graphics card instead. Won't be as quiet during gaming but they do have zero RPM mode during idle. I am not sure if there is even brackets for newer GPUs. What GPU will you be using in your system?

I'm saving that as a last resort but happy it's an option. I'd really like to preserve the efforts they put into designing the cooling in these cases. I know they've made the cooling brackets for 10, 20 and 30 series but you can't source them outside of buying a full system. I haven't decided on a gpu yet because I was hoping to find one of those brackets and just get as best I can to match it.