Corsair Community

5000D Airflow PWM Repeater Hub

frankd3

My motherboard is still a long ways off:[pouts:

So I have time to play what-if games.

I'm thinking of using the Commander Core solely for the H150i Elite Capellix, pump and 3 fans.

If I put the other 6 fans on the included pwm repeater, and let the motherboard control it, will the motherboard receive a tach rpm signal?

I know it will "show up" as one fan after the repeater but I don't understand how the repeater can produce one fan rpm signal from six fans.

If I put the other 6 fans on the included pwm repeater, and let the motherboard control it, will the motherboard receive a tach rpm signal?

I know it will "show up" as one fan after the repeater but I don't understand how the repeater can produce one fan rpm signal from six fans.

Only one fan's tach signal is connected to the hub. All the others are just not wired at all. Usually that connector is marked so you don't forget to have a fan connected to it.

All the fans will run at the same speed anyway, as long as they are the same model, since they are all fed the same PWM signal.

LeDoyen and Zotty summarized this well! Post some photos of your build when its done! :)

That could be quite a while, unfortunately.

I'm still waiting for a motherboard, power supply and graphics card.

I picked a lousy time to build a computer.

Edited by frankd3