Corsair Community

Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE: Caps lock and number lock lights always red?

Since this morning, I've noticed that my Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE is showing a red Number Lock and Caps Lock light and the bottom three arrow keys are permanently lit up red. I can't find any info anywhere on whether this is some sort of preset, but I wanted to check and see if anyone else has seen similar behavior and whether it can be fixed. I've tried reinstalling iCue, resetting the firmware on the keyboard, disabling the SDK (in case Dragon Center was causing a conflict), and deleting the lighting profiles. These lights turn on as soon as the keyboard is plugged in, so I doubt it's a software issue, and if another light profile is added it just adds lights on top of the red instead of fully changing the color.

I should note that I spilled water near my keyboard earlier in the day, so if this is not any sort of known behavior it is fully possible that this is just a short and I'll have to deal. I was almost totally certain that nothing got on it, but all it takes is a drop.

In CUE the profile and win lock buttons default to red and teal for lock on. You can change this in the KB "performance" tab to whatever color you want.

The arrow keys are more concerning as that should not happen. If you already have tried a firmware flash and/or soft reset and it did not work, I would contact Corsair Support.

• Corsair Employees

Hi nestwhirlpoolrr,

As c-attack mentioned, try changing the colors of those keys in iCUE. The arrow keys should not be red like the way you explained it. But if you did indeed spilled water in that area, it very possible you have caused some damage to it. If there's anyway to repair or fix it, I believe opening a ticket with our support team is the best way to find out.

• 4 months later...