Corsair Community

AX850 Cables for AX1600i

nexus23

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone would happen to know what the specs are for the AX850 cables and the AX1600i cables (max supported current and voltage and gauge). Specifically, I was wondering if they are interchangeable; I have an AX850 which is currently in use in one of my systems, but was wondering if it would be fine to simply switch out the power supplies themselves such that the existing system cabling would be hooked up with the AX1600i. That is, my system would be using an AX1600i to deliver power via my existing AX850 cables.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hi jonnyguru,

I didn't realize that the AX850 came in multiple versions. The version I have ,and am referring to, is the Titanium rated one. I got it in 2019, if i recall correctly. According to the chart you linked, it APPEARS that the AX850 Titanium and the AX1600i cables can be interchanged, but if I could get some confirmation that I'm not misunderstanding that would be great.

Please let me know if what I had suggested would work

Thanks

(btw, your reviews were always my go-to before making a purchase of a PSU)

Edited by nexus23

• Corsair Employee
Hi jonnyguru,

I didn't realize that the AX850 came in multiple versions. The version I have ,and am referring to, is the Titanium rated one. I got it in 2019, if i recall correctly. According to the chart you linked, it APPEARS that the AX850 Titanium and the AX1600i cables can be interchanged, but if I could get some confirmation that I'm not misunderstanding that would be great.

Please let me know if what I had suggested would work

Yes. Those cables are all interchangeable.