Corsair Community

A8v and VS512MB400C3 Mayhem

Ragarnok

Hi I bought a pair (same lot 0446053-0) of Value Select memory sticks (VS512MB400C3), I recently had to reinstall Windows XP and it was a real pain, I had to try several times since files got corrupted on install(I assumed my DvD Drive went wrong and once I got it working forgot about it) but now my system has become so unstalbe I can't even stay logged for 10 min without getting a BSOD and memory flush etc... I assumed one of my Memory sticks wrent wrong and tried removing one but the system wouldn't boot and I'd get Asus' built in voice system saying "System couldn' not boot, id you overclock?"(to wich I answered no but she didn't reply -sob-) so I tried switching modules, it worked, I tried everything I could and I got to the point on wich the system would exclusively boot on dual channel config. I tried to flash the bios to 1011, worked fine, but no improvement at all. I tried setting MemVoltage to 2.7V, no improvement either. I'm actually running memtest and I scored 2000 points in less then 5 seconds(eat that 3d Mark 2k5!!), I am now desperate and considering a life of righteoussness in a Indian temple near Goa. Anyone can help me out of my misery?

Btw here are my specs:

Asus a8v Deluxe

Amd athlon 3500+ 939

Geforce 6800 GT

480W PSU

SATA HDD

And btw the frequent crashes have been causing Win Xp to start corrupting itself I already lost the sound but as far as I can use the keyboard I'll try to check back over here for help :)

P.S. Memtest marked my system as Dualchannel 128bit 3-3-3-8

• Corsair Employee
Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and if you find one is failing please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that might suggest some other problem and I would try testing them in another system if you can.

I tried testing them one at a time, but I couldn't get the system to boot up :(

I'll try testing them on a different system

btw both memtest and Microsoft Windows Memory Diagnostic showed only error(I assumed that asfter getting 200 000k+ Fails on phase one that was to be considered a total failure ;) )

Ok I tested them individually on another system and one of the two failed(they failed to boot when both of them were inserted at the same time), and apparently my MB will only boot when there are 2 Modules inserted (Dual Channel or not), should I return both MB (Considering Memtest works fine with noname modules ! )and RAM? (btw I've got a no name PSU should I get a branded one?)

I expected both of them to fail since they came from the same lot but it seems Corsair really deserves it's reputation of excelency ;)

Thank you very much but I just exchanged my module at my local stroe(btw I live in france I don't know if your support line would have reached all the way here ;)) I will receive new modules in 4 week (sig no computer for 4 weeks :s) Thank you very much for your support

Archived