Corsair Community

Hydro X pump reverts to quiet

I had the same issue with 4.11 and 4.12.

Reverted back to 4.9 without a problem, but I had to reload all my presets etc. after reverting.

I only realised that Corsair ICUE was deleting my Hyrdo X settings consistently once my computer started throttling due to overheating while benchmarking (I thought it was just a reset once the software updated) and now I have a constant electrical whine from the computer which seems to have been damaged somehow - because I was using the ICUE software to monitor the device but once it kept deleting the Hydro X settings it kept removing the notifications/monitoring associated.

If the software is too unstable to run its own hardware what's the point of using any of this? If I'm going to have to replace parts, I'm over Corsair - and just built two computers with the HydroX builds too...

Edited by GlassShadow

I have the same issue, very annoying. Investigating I found it happens when rebooting/restarting the PC but is ok if you quit iCue and start it using the desktop icon. So I looked at the startup programs in task manager and found iCue started by "iCue Launcher.exe" whereas the desktop shortcut uses "iCue.exe". I changed the startup program using regedit to use "iCue.exe" problem solved.

Warning: regedit can be dangerous in the wrong hands!

I have a tendency to reload my computer...frequently. I just completed said reload with hopes that it would have corrected the issue in this post but it did not. I can say that a clean install of Win10 v21H1 and the latest iCUE v4 software still exhibits this 'bug'. MIKEEE solution has resolved it for me as well. The only catch is now the iCUE software will not auto minimize to the system tray upon restart or reboot. No big deal. The Hydro/fan profiles do stick now.

It is certainly something weird within the iCUE Launcher.

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated to iCue 4.12.214 and this issue still exists. After every reboot all of my Fans and Pump using the HydroX profiles are reset to "Quiet"..

Only way to fix is to change start-up to launch icue.exe instead of icue launcher.exe...

• 2 weeks later...
Just chiming in and saying I'm also experiencing this issue; on boot, anything that had a Hydro X profile was changed to 'Quiet' and none of the Hydro X profiles were in the drop-down menus afterwards until I restarted iCUE.

Just chiming in and saying I'm also experiencing this issue; on boot, anything that had a Hydro X profile was changed to 'Quiet' and none of the Hydro X profiles were in the drop-down menus afterwards until I restarted iCUE.

Following todays update I can confirm this behavior. Doesn't appear to be quite fixed.

Shame it's still not working. BTW Has Corsair fixed the screen size for 4k users on 150-300% resize. Both of these issues mentioned in many previous threads. The usual retorts are set up yor own pump/fan profile, or for screen resize do the keyboard swiching or go back to 100% resize which totally misses the point. But why should we have to? I've spent a lot of money on fans, rads, 3090 gpu block etc. It's really poor Corsair....please get these issues fixed. V3 at least works for me, for now.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar issue, except when I set my fans to hydro-x they just stop running completely. Everything I restart the pc the hydro x options disappear and I have to reinstall or run the repair in the software to get it to detect the pump again. 

After finding my profiles are not backwards compatible I edited my:

%AppData%\Roaming\Corsair\CUE4\cooling\configurations

Copied and appended the predefined profiles to the bottom of the list :

<value7>
                                    <polymorphic_id>2</polymorphic_id>
                                    <ptr_wrapper>
                                        <id>2147483657</id>
                                        <data>
                                            <base>
                                                <id>{b44ae577-6e1e-4675-95cc-1afce7a892d0}</id>
                                                <name>Hydro X XD5 Pump</name>
                                                <predefined>true</predefined>
                                                <coolerType>2</coolerType>
                                                <coolingMode>Normal</coolingMode>
                                            </base>
                                            <fanMode>5</fanMode>
                                            <fixedPercents>40</fixedPercents>
                                            <fixedRpm>500</fixedRpm>
                                            <customModePoints>
                                                <value0>
                                                    <enabled>true</enabled>
                                                    <temperature>20</temperature>
                                                    <rpm>1800</rpm>
                                                </value0>
                                                <value1>
                                                    <enabled>true</enabled>
                                                    <temperature>30</temperature>
                                                    <rpm>2100</rpm>
                                                </value1>
                                                <value2>
                                                    <enabled>true</enabled>
                                                    <temperature>40</temperature>
                                                    <rpm>2200</rpm>
                                                </value2>
                                                <value3>
                                                    <enabled>true</enabled>
                                                    <temperature>45</temperature>
                                                    <rpm>2600</rpm>
                                                </value3>
                                                <value4>
                                                    <enabled>true</enabled>
                                                    <temperature>50</temperature>
                                                    <rpm>3300</rpm>
                                                </value4>
                                                <value5>
                                                    <enabled>true</enabled>
                                                    <temperature>55</temperature>
                                                    <rpm>4800</rpm>
                                                </value5>
                                            </customModePoints>
                                            <sensorId>vid&lt;1b1c&gt;pid&lt;000c10&gt;serial&lt;75A950C0&gt;index&lt;0&gt;senstype&lt;Temperature&gt;sensindex&lt;0&gt;</sensorId>
                                            <channelSpecificMode>HydroXPumpXD5</channelSpecificMode>
                                        </data>
                                    </ptr_wrapper>
                                </value7>

and changed:

<channelSpecificMode>HydroXPumpXD5</channelSpecificMode>

to

<channelSpecificMode>None</channelSpecificMode>

Thus allowing me to edit these profiles and not have them disappear when iCUE decides it can no longer detect the pump/reservoir 

• 1 month later...

Update 4.15.153 and this problem STILL NOT FIXED!!!! 🤦‍♂️

Is this ever going to be fixed? Going on 5 months with multiple updates and my Xd5 Pumps reverts to quiet no matter what I do.  Run wizard, manual switch, copy to profile...nothing works.  

Corsair stop adding all these cute features on every update and concern yourself more on fixing the most basic function of this software...control lighting and run fans and pumps.

Edited by jantonio6