Corsair Community

Hydro X pump reverts to quiet

Following the update today to 4.11 my Hydro X D5 pump must manually be set to the hydro x pump profile. However if change profiles and then come back to my default profile, or if i select a different device in Icue and come back to the commander pro with the pump. The pump is set to "Quiet".

I have tried re-running the hydro x wizard however upon completion icue crashed and it did not complete.

how about not using the wizard? if you use your own custom pump curves you don't need it, besides, for custom cooling most of the time you don't even need to vary pump speed at all.

That would just be another broken feature you don't have to deal with

In my case running the wizard was an attempt to remediate the broken feature. I'm using a custom curve for the pump to mitigate the issue. Also I've run it flat as well. Both options work around the issue. Though having CPU and GPu blocks. 3 rads 3 commander pro, pump and 13 fans as my cooling solution. I've invested quite a bit in into the corsair ecosystem. I'm more than annoyed that this basic function/feature is rendered useless via a broken update that appears to lack basic QA testing.

V4 clearly broke the HydroX control on mine (8 fans, 2 commander pros). I cannot set the fans as HydroX fans, so the best I could do was using Quiet (but they run anyway) or a custom curve. It's like I have nothing from Corsair. I reverted to V3 and could set them back to HydroX fans and they are as quiet as before, turning only when needed.

Also I can't find back the iCue Space graphs panel in V4, and have not found the HydroX assistant neither (but I didn't searched a lot I admit.)

I'm not convinced this V4 has been seriously designed (and debugged). It looks more like a bizarre urge to radically change the UI without doing anything new (smell of Windows 8), and on the way of dispatching the existing controls randomly in new menus and panels, they lost reliability and some functionalities and generated frustration in loyal clients. Doesn't look like a smart move.

Edited by bkg2018

I'm having the same issue as well. I have two Commander Pro units installed. My pump also starts in "Quiet" mode and ICUE crashes if I use the wizard.

It will revert back to Quiet mode after choosing any other built in Corsair profile.

One work around is creating a custom or fixed pump profile. Any custom pump profile remains active and doesn't switch back to Quiet mode.

Hopefully, Corsair can fix this soon.

I'm having the same issue as well. I have two Commander Pro units installed. My pump also starts in "Quiet" mode and ICUE crashes if I use the wizard.

It will revert back to Quiet mode after choosing any other built in Corsair profile.

One work around is creating a custom or fixed pump profile. Any custom pump profile remains active and doesn't switch back to Quiet mode.

Hopefully, Corsair can fix this soon.

Another update.

I've had a few other issues that started beyond the pump issue.

IQUE v4.11.274 randomly crashes and fans will stop running no matter the profile chosen or created. Restating ICUE doesn't help and rebooting the computer get it working properly about half the time. I've reverted back to version 4.9.350 which works better for me than 4.11.274.

Another update.

IQUE v4.11.274 randomly crashes and fans will stop running no matter the profile chosen or created. Restating ICUE doesn't help and rebooting the computer get it working properly about half the time. I've reverted back to version 4.9.350 which works better for me than 4.11.274.

That may happen if you use a software sensor to control your loop. If you use the pump temperature sensor connected to the CoPro to control fan speeds, the Copro will keep controlling fans normally in hardware mode even without iCue running, basically keeping the last applied cooling profile you had before the crash.

I have the same issue, very annoying. Investigating I found it happens when rebooting/restarting the PC but is ok if you quit iCue and start it using the desktop icon. So I looked at the startup programs in task manager and found iCue started by "iCue Launcher.exe" whereas the desktop shortcut uses "iCue.exe". I changed the startup program using regedit to use "iCue.exe" problem solved.

Warning: regedit can be dangerous in the wrong hands!

• Confused 1

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Just to clarify, this issue only started happening in 4.11? Or did you experience something similar in an earlier 4.9-4.10 build? We're looking into this but need a little bit more information.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Just to clarify, this issue only started happening in 4.11? Or did you experience something similar in an earlier 4.9-4.10 build? We're looking into this but need a little bit more information.

I can state this was working properly until I updated to 4.11

Another update.

Wouldn't have a download link for 4.9 would you?

hi

very annoying. Default fan and pump speeds for Hydro x are lost.

It was like this in the last update, it wasn't there before

version=icue 4.11.274

My Hydro X pump profiles have disappeared in V4, and I have also suffered from my pump profile defaulting to Quiet.

Plus the screen resizing issue needs fixing - discussed in other threads.

V4 isnt a great experience for me in any shape or form.

Started happening in 4.11

I had profiles loosing HydroX Profiles, today (may have been before but i hadn't noticed) noticed fans spinning, up checked profiles and no HydroX fan options. I use a nexus for flipping profiles and had only just got it configured. went through and checked and everything was set to quiet :-(

read the thread and uninstalled all 4.11.

I installed fresh copy of icue 4.9.350 and recreated profiles and all appears good after a couple of reboots.

Spec for Ref:

Hardware:

Corsair 5000D case

Corsair HX750 PSU

Z390 Aorus Mobo,

i9-9900k,

64GB vengeance RGB Pro,

1TB Force MP600,

Nvidia RTX2080,

Win 10 pro,

USB Snowball mike,

USB Saitek/logitech FIPS,

USB Virpil HOTAS

9xQL120 fans

HYDRO X CPU block, GPU block, Pump and radiator

RGB/ICUE connected devices:

Vengence RGB Pro

Lighting Node Core (6 fans)

Lighting Node Core (3 fans)

Commander Pro (HYDRO X pump, cpu and gpu + Fan control direct or via case pwm controller)

LS100 - Dual Monitor setup

LS100 - 2 x 1.4 m strips

Lighting Node Pro 4 x Internal LED strips

MM800

K70 RGB MK.2

Dark Core Pro SE

ICUE Nexus.

• 2 weeks later...

I can state this was working properly until I updated to 4.11

Glad I found this thread. I'm having the same issues - Commander Pro & Lighting node pro -after every reboot since 4.11 my pump resets to the quiet profile. It seem to use the hardware profile until I manually open iCue after a reboot - when I manually open it I can hear the pump slow down.

This definitely did not happen with earlier versions of iCue 4.XX

As soon as I manually launch, pump is in Quiet mode (running only 1300RPM or so) and the HydroX wizard button actually disappears. I've been fixing this every reboot by running the installer and clicking repair install.

Going to check out the task scheduler change noted above.

I have the same issue, very annoying. Investigating I found it happens when rebooting/restarting the PC but is ok if you quit iCue and start it using the desktop icon. So I looked at the startup programs in task manager and found iCue started by "iCue Launcher.exe" whereas the desktop shortcut uses "iCue.exe". I changed the startup program using regedit to use "iCue.exe" problem solved.

Warning: regedit can be dangerous in the wrong hands!

doing this actually didn't resolve it for me. I changed my startup app via regedit under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (as it's installed for all users). Today I rebooted and all my fans and pump that were using HydroX Fan and Pump profiles were set to Quiet profile again.

If I quit iCue and relaunch via the iCue.exe executable shortcut on my desktop it lets me re-choose the HydroX profiles for pump and fans.

doing this actually didn't resolve it for me. I changed my startup app via regedit under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (as it's installed for all users). Today I rebooted and all my fans and pump that were using HydroX Fan and Pump profiles were set to Quiet profile again.

If I quit iCue and relaunch via the iCue.exe executable shortcut on my desktop it lets me re-choose the HydroX profiles for pump and fans.

Only temporary fix right now is to create you own fan profile.