Corsair Community

iCUE popup/context menu won't disappear

This is about the popup/context menu you get when you click on the iCUE icon in the system tray. The one that has "Bring to foreground", "Show iCUE Space", "Check for updates", "About", and "Quit".

When I click on the iCUE icon in my system tray, the popup/context menu will appear, none of the menu items do anything when clicked. This popup/context menu also won't go away; it also will just stay there on screen, above all other windows.

Strangely, clicking on the iCUE icon in the system tray a second time seems to open a second, usable version of the same popup/context menu over the unusable one. Thus I can at least get into iCUE's main window and do whatever I need, but that first, unusable copy of the popup/context menu just won't go away until I close iCUE entirely via the "Quit" menu option (of the second, working copy of the menu, obviously).

Does anyone have any suggestions? My version of iCUE is 3.38.61.

I tried googling for a solution, but came up empty handed. Just stuff about a popup message asking you to install iCUE, and two people with my problem but no resolution.

• Corsair Employees
This is about the popup/context menu you get when you click on the iCUE icon in the system tray. The one that has "Bring to foreground", "Show iCUE Space", "Check for updates", "About", and "Quit".

When I click on the iCUE icon in my system tray, the popup/context menu will appear, none of the menu items do anything when clicked. This popup/context menu also won't go away; it also will just stay there on screen, above all other windows.

Strangely, clicking on the iCUE icon in the system tray a second time seems to open a second, usable version of the same popup/context menu over the unusable one. Thus I can at least get into iCUE's main window and do whatever I need, but that first, unusable copy of the popup/context menu just won't go away until I close iCUE entirely via the "Quit" menu option (of the second, working copy of the menu, obviously).

Does anyone have any suggestions? My version of iCUE is 3.38.61.

I tried googling for a solution, but came up empty handed. Just stuff about a popup message asking you to install iCUE, and two people with my problem but no resolution.

Try updating to the newest iCUE 4.10 version which you can find on the Corsair website.

• 8 months later...

updating worked for me, but i can see that others are still having the same problem. i also want to note that just yesterday, without updates, mine was having no issues. only today it started to have issues.

my concern is that it has to do with rebooting windows and nothing to do with what version of icue it is. 

ALSO, where "corsair notepad" suggests updating to 4.10 i'm confused why in the icue app it only suggests updating to 3.38.88
is 4.10 a beta version or something? the app only let me go to 3.38.88.

18 minutes ago, iCueSuccz said:

i'm confused why in the icue app it only suggests updating to 3.38.88
is 4.10 a beta version or something? the app only let me go to 3.38.88.

Because you are still using the legacy CUE 3.  CUE 4 launched about a year ago.  It assumes you are doing so deliberately and does not force you to take the new platform.  Look on the first page of the thread below to see if there is a reason you should stay on 3.38.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/168741-icue-4-unsupported-products/