Corsair Community

MP600 Pro, Lost 1TB of capacity. Help!

What a Total Nightmare! I purchased a Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB drive. I cloned from the older Samsung 1TB drive C: with Win10 on to the MP600 SSD using Corsair SSD Toolbox. Disconnected the older Samsung drive. The MP600 C: only shows a capacity of 1 TB? WHY would SSD Toolbox clone the exact size of the of the Samsung drive? When I cloned, I chose SSD Toolbox NOT to have ANY partitions and to use ALL the capacity. Windows 10 does require System Reserve about 1GB. SSD Toolbox has created a Recovery Partition of 1TB, this can not be used, and does not show in in File Explorer. So now all I can use is 1TB of a 2TB SSD? Nothing but problems!

• 1 month later...
What a Total Nightmare! I purchased a Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB drive. I cloned from the older Samsung 1TB drive C: with Win10 on to the MP600 SSD using Corsair SSD Toolbox. Disconnected the older Samsung drive. The MP600 C: only shows a capacity of 1 TB? WHY would SSD Toolbox clone the exact size of the of the Samsung drive? When I cloned, I chose SSD Toolbox NOT to have ANY partitions and to use ALL the capacity. Windows 10 does require System Reserve about 1GB. SSD Toolbox has created a Recovery Partition of 1TB, this can not be used, and does not show in in File Explorer. So now all I can use is 1TB of a 2TB SSD? Nothing but problems!

That's because you didn't adjust the size of the drive, it's right there in the cloning section.

Look for THE PARTITION CAN BE CLONED AND wait for it! wait for it!!! RESIZED.

keyword: RESEIZED. Now, the problem relies on the end-user, not the product. Just saying.

And let's this be an example for anyone cloning drives.