Corsair Community

asus a8v-e deluxe and valueselect

necboy

Hi,

I currently have an asus a8v-e deluxe with 2 512 value select mem. so far my bios detects 1 g running in dual channel, what type of memory will I need if i want to run 4g, also if I add just one additional 512 value select will this work? If I had another 2 512 value select will it read 4 g? I am new with this and just built my first pc, i want to make sure i purchase the right mem before i upgrade. My specs. 450 w xion case, a8v-e deluxe, amd 64 3500+ clawhammer socket 939 and xfx geforce 6600 pci-e x 16. Thanks for all the help.

Hi,

I currently have an asus a8v-e deluxe with 2 512 value select mem. so far my bios detects 1 g running in dual channel, what type of memory will I need if i want to run 4g, also if I add just one additional 512 value select will this work? If I had another 2 512 value select will it read 4 g? I am new with this and just built my first pc, i want to make sure i purchase the right mem before i upgrade. My specs. 450 w xion case, a8v-e deluxe, amd 64 3500+ clawhammer socket 939 and xfx geforce 6600 pci-e x 16. Thanks for all the help.

I don't think that setup will run with 3 sticks. Also, 2x512 + 2x512 = 2 GB, not 4 GB.

Here's the $64,000 question: Why 4 GB of memory?

Archived