Corsair Community

Corsair keyboards led timer

gilma0

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if anybody has encountered this issue before but I always wanted to have the feature to set a timer for my keyboard leds to sleep and since I didn't find any comfortable way to do so I decided to make a program to do it for me and I wanted to share it with anybody that's looking for this as well since I didn't find a solution for it online.

Its a simple light weight program that all it does is let's you decide on a specific color you want and set a timer for the keyboard leds to shut off while you're not using it.

I only have one keyboard but my friends have other models as well and it worked well for them so I can't guarantee it's bug free but it worked well so far.

* You need ICUE installed in order for it to work!

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6677694a6352582e706e67

You can set any time you want in minutes (5 mins, 0.1 mins and so on)

GitHub: https://github.com/gilma0/Corsair-Keyboard-Leds-Sleep-Timer

exe release for those that doesn't want to mess with programing: https://github.com/gilma0/Corsair-Keyboard-Leds-Sleep-Timer/releases

I'll try to add features to it in the future but for now that's about it.

I Hope this helps anyone :P

Edited by gilma0

I tried to use it quickly and not well understood ... when I press Start it becomes the keyboard of the color indicated in the RGB table, bypassing the iCUE profile, but after the 2 minutes set, the keyboard does not switch off ..

Maybe it's the fault of the fact that it detects the ram instead of the keyboard?

Immaginea.png

I did not completely understand your problem, I did have some worries about people with more than one corsair product using ICUE but I didn't know anyone that I could test it with, I'm not sure about what you meant other than that but in a nutshell the software checks when was the last time you interacted with the pc, be it mouse movement, key press or anything else, when the idle time goes above that specific time you entered it shuts off the lights and once you interact with the pc again the lights turn on again, I'll check if I can fix that issue and update the program

I tried to use it quickly and not well understood ... when I press Start it becomes the keyboard of the color indicated in the RGB table, bypassing the iCUE profile, but after the 2 minutes set, the keyboard does not switch off ..

Maybe it's the fault of the fact that it detects the ram instead of the keyboard?

Immaginea.png

Ok, I believe I fixed your issue, updated python script and published v0.2 exe release with the fix, I'll be glad if you could update me if it works well now because I can't check it myself (keyboard is my only ICUE device)

ok, now it works !!

but instead of having to set a starting color, wouldn't it be possible to use the iCue profile in use at that moment?

GREAT!, thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try and give you an update!

released v0.3, added the feature to use the current ICUE profile, once again because the keyboard (K70 non RGB) is my only ICUE device I can't be sure its bug free.

The only way I managed to implement this feature required taking complete control of all ICUE devices (couldn't get it to work on one device) so it will most likely affect all corsair ICUE devices connected and not only the keyboard but there wasn't any other way I could find that will let you use any(!) profile you want in the ICUE software other than that

HEXpLxQ.png?1

Edited by gilma0

Here I am!! I've tried it since yesterday to see if it had any bugs.

I confirm that it turns off all connected RGB devices ... but in my case it can be fine.

However, I found some anomalous behaviors:

-if you close the program with the X without pressing Stop first, the program still runs under Task Management Processes

- every time the program is started it returns to the basic settings. It has to be set every time.

Tips:

Implement the ability to icon the program

Implement the ability to start the program at windows startup and to directly icon

Ask a moderator to set the discussion above to find new contributors and supporters ;)

Here I am!! I've tried it since yesterday to see if it had any bugs.

I confirm that it turns off all connected RGB devices ... but in my case it can be fine.

However, I found some anomalous behaviors:

-if you close the program with the X without pressing Stop first, the program still runs under Task Management Processes

- every time the program is started it returns to the basic settings. It has to be set every time.

Tips:

Implement the ability to icon the program

Implement the ability to start the program at windows startup and to directly icon

Ask a moderator to set the discussion above to find new contributors and supporters ;)

released v0.4, added saving of the last configuration and fixed exiting issue, would a appreciate a feedback once again! :D

didn't quite understand what you meant by icon the program

released v0.4, added saving of the last configuration and fixed exiting issue, would a appreciate a feedback once again! :D

Tried and it works. Now when you close the program it no longer stays in the processes and the settings remain.

didn't quite understand what you meant by icon the program

Currently you can only close the program (with the X) or minimize on the taskbar. I would like it reduced to an icon ... I show you in a picture .. (google translator sucks enough)

Immagine1.png

Tried and it works. Now when you close the program it no longer stays in the processes and the settings remain.

Currently you can only close the program (with the X) or minimize on the taskbar. I would like it reduced to an icon ... I show you in a picture .. (google translator sucks enough)

Immagine1.png

released v0.5, added the icon functionality you asked, and optimized a little more.

once again I hope you can give me a feedback, thanks for all the suggestions!

Great!!

I'm trying it and I don't think there are any problems. but I've been trying it for a few hours ... maybe I have to wait a few days to give definitive confirmation.

The Pythos icon is not exactly beautiful ... you may have to make your own when you come out of beta testing. But take it easy ...

Question: is it possible to start counting the timer already when the program is launched? without having to press Start each time. I ask why I would like to put it in Windows Autorun but if I have to press Start every time autorun is useless.

Great!!

I'm trying it and I don't think there are any problems. but I've been trying it for a few hours ... maybe I have to wait a few days to give definitive confirmation.

The Pythos icon is not exactly beautiful ... you may have to make your own when you come out of beta testing. But take it easy ...

Question: is it possible to start counting the timer already when the program is launched? without having to press Start each time. I ask why I would like to put it in Windows Autorun but if I have to press Start every time autorun is useless.

First let me say thanks for all the feedback so far!

This is just a little side project I do in my spare time so it will stay in beta forever, I just graduated and never really learned python so I use it as an opportunity to expand my knowledge a little, make something that I actually need and maybe help some people in the process :P

I'm pretty sure I can add this feature, I'll just add a checkbox for it for convenience just like the ICUE RGB profile checkbox.

I'll give you an update once I get to it.

By the way, you can change the icon to anything you want, there is a folder called icon containing the file, you can put any icon file you want in there, just make sure it has the same name (make sure its an ico file!) and it should work

Edited by gilma0

I am very pleased to participate in your project. It's one of the things I've always asked Corsair but he never listened to me ... then you came and worked the miracle! hehe

Ok for the icon ... I'll try to change it leaving the original name.

Thank you so much for all the work you are doing !!

Great!!

Hey!

Just released V0.6, added the start at launch feature you requested!

Hate to ask you again but I would really appreciate some feedback again if everything is working fine or you encounter some issues with the program :D:

Released V0.7, added the option to launch the program minimized

Here, I was just about to ask this !!

Sorry I'm late but they have been full days ..

I've tried version 0.6 a bit and it seems to be fine. However, I had some problems if I place the program under c: \ programs or c: \ programs (x86): it did not save the settings file and if it already existed, it was impossible to modify it. I think it's the fault of the administrator permissions required by these 2 folders. I then placed it under c: \

Thank you so much for all the effort you are putting into it !!

Now I try version 0.7

Here, I was just about to ask this !!

Sorry I'm late but they have been full days ..

I've tried version 0.6 a bit and it seems to be fine. However, I had some problems if I place the program under c: \ programs or c: \ programs (x86): it did not save the settings file and if it already existed, it was impossible to modify it. I think it's the fault of the administrator permissions required by these 2 folders. I then placed it under c: \

Thank you so much for all the effort you are putting into it !!

Now I try version 0.7

Yea.. I thought to myself what's the point of this feature if it doesn't start minimized so... XD

I think you're right about the permission issue so there's not much we can do about it, I just place it on my desktop, but I guess that's up to you, hope everything work's well!

Tried for 24 hours and everything seems to work as it should. I restarted several times and closed and reopened the application to try and it always worked without touching anything.

for me this change is passed with flying colors. :praise:

:headbang:

Another user asked for a similar behavior to your schedule but adjusted by the daily time.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=206284

I don't know if it's a possible function to introduce ... or useful

I guess it's possible but the idea isn't that appealing to me so I'll skip this one :P

I'm trying to implement a monitor based timer, I played with it a little and saw that my g502 shut's off its leds when the monitor dims before entering sleep so I thought that would be a nice feature to add) but I'm pretty busy right now so it would take me some time to get to it.

I'll update when I'll get it done :D:

After some time I found a "bug":

if I change the counting time and don't close the application to save, when I restart the pc the time will be that of the very first time. Example: I have a time set at 3 minutes .. I change it to 5 ... I reduce the application in the system tray and continue to work. Then I restart the pc, the time is back to 3 minutes.

I think it depends on the fact that the save file is written only when the app is closed. But if you restart your pc, it doesn't really get "closed".

To overcome the problem I have to close the application by hand and then start it again

small bug but annoying ... when you manage to carve out a moment from your commitments, could you solve? Thanks so much

After some time I found a "bug":

if I change the counting time and don't close the application to save, when I restart the pc the time will be that of the very first time. Example: I have a time set at 3 minutes .. I change it to 5 ... I reduce the application in the system tray and continue to work. Then I restart the pc, the time is back to 3 minutes.

I think it depends on the fact that the save file is written only when the app is closed. But if you restart your pc, it doesn't really get "closed".

To overcome the problem I have to close the application by hand and then start it again

small bug but annoying ... when you manage to carve out a moment from your commitments, could you solve? Thanks so much

Luckily this was a quick fix! v0.8 is up and should solve this problem!

Got some family trouble right now so I barely have any time but I hope I'll be getting back to it in the near future, thanks for the tip :D: