Corsair Community

2 out of 4 fans plugged in show as 0 RPM and are spinning at max other 2 are fine

huest

I’m running 2x SP140 and 2x SP120 and it appears only one set are changing speed in icue it’s all plugged into a node commander pro and I can not find any other threads like this, also I tried force updating, disabling HWinfo and restarting multiple times although the speed won’t change

• Corsair Employees
What exact controller do you have because we don't have a product called a "node commander pro." If you are refering to the Commander Core that comes with select cases or our Elite Capellix cooler then make sure that the fans are the SP RGB Elite Series fans that have the 4-pin PWM header and that they are not the SP RGB or SP RGB Pro fans that only have the 3-pin DC header. If it is the 3-pin DC header then you will need to utilize fan headers on your motherboard as the Commander Core is not compatible with 3-pin DC fans when it comes to fan speed control.

Go to the Commander Pro device settings and change the fan header setting from “auto” to 3 pin and see if they start. That is not normally necessary for DC fans as auto effectively applies a 12v start test.

I suggest leaving HWiNFO off while troubleshooting this. It will affect fan operations if it’s running. You need to disable the Commander Pro monitoring in HWiNFO, then restart the Corsair service. Typically the fans drop out of the UI entirely when these two conflict.