Corsair Community

RGB stutter and PC laggy/slow again after new wiring method

Serkan437

I really need help with wiring, as I've been dealing with RGB stutter and computer being laggy/slow when idle and in games...

Cabinet is Lian Li O11 Razer edition with RGB, so it's a USB header.

I have 6x Corsair QL120 fans

1x Corsair H150i Elite Cappellix

1x Commander Core

1x Commander Pro

1x RGB Hub

QL120 fans is wired to Commander Pro and RGB hub. RGB Hub USB is in Commander Pro (I dont have it in LED spot, but the USB in the USB 1 slot on the Commander Pro). Commander Pro is in USB on MOBO

AIO Cooler is wired with Commander Core, commander core is on a USB extension splitter with the USB from the case and on the MOBO.

I'm still having issues with it and been having last 5 months... Can someone help out please.

Edited by Serkan437

• Corsair Employees
I really need help with wiring, as I've been dealing with RGB stutter and computer being laggy/slow when idle and in games...

Cabinet is Lian Li O11 Razer edition with RGB, so it's a USB header.

I have 6x Corsair QL120 fans

1x Corsair H150i Elite Cappellix

1x Commander Core

1x Commander Pro

1x RGB Hub

QL120 fans is wired to Commander Pro and RGB hub. RGB Hub USB is in Commander Pro (I dont have it in LED spot, but the USB in the USB 1 slot on the Commander Pro). Commander Pro is in USB on MOBO

AIO Cooler is wired with Commander Core, commander core is on a USB extension splitter with the USB from the case and on the MOBO.

I'm still having issues with it and been having last 5 months... Can someone help out please.

First our RGB Hubs do not have a USB connector and therefore are not able to connect to a USB header on your Commander Pro so could you please verify that you are actually utilizing a Hub and not a Lighting Node Core that comes with the 3/2 Packs of QL RGB Fans. If you are using a Hub it would indeed need to be connected to LED 1 or 2 on either a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro, though you are most likely utilizing a Lighting Node Core instead which is its own standalone controller.

Second could you please provide some system specifications? The issue you are experiencing is presenting itself as a known USB power issue on Ryzen based systems, but without that information we can only assume based on the information you have provided. If you indeed are on a Ryzen based system you will most likely need to utilize a high quality internal USB hub that gets supplemental power from your PSU. Utilizing just simple USB splitters will just exacerbate the issue.

First our RGB Hubs do not have a USB connector and therefore are not able to connect to a USB header on your Commander Pro so could you please verify that you are actually utilizing a Hub and not a Lighting Node Core that comes with the 3/2 Packs of QL RGB Fans. If you are using a Hub it would indeed need to be connected to LED 1 or 2 on either a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro, though you are most likely utilizing a Lighting Node Core instead which is its own standalone controller.

Second could you please provide some system specifications? The issue you are experiencing is presenting itself as a known USB power issue on Ryzen based systems, but without that information we can only assume based on the information you have provided. If you indeed are on a Ryzen based system you will most likely need to utilize a high quality internal USB hub that gets supplemental power from your PSU. Utilizing just simple USB splitters will just exacerbate the issue.

Sorry, my bad. Its lightning node core. I'm using 1 for all the 6 fans. That USB header is connected to the Commander Pro.

Specs:

Asus Tuf Z390-Pro Gaming

Intel Core i7-9700k

32gb Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB

Corsair RMX 750W

Asus RTX 3080 ROG STRIX OC

My system.

• Corsair Employees
How many USB devices are you daisy chaining either through USB extensions or through the USB passthroughs on the Commander Pro. Could you please provide a detailed breakdown of the daisy chaining you are doing starting with the USB 2.0 ports on your physical motherboard?

How many USB devices are you daisy chaining either through USB extensions or through the USB passthroughs on the Commander Pro. Could you please provide a detailed breakdown of the daisy chaining you are doing starting with the USB 2.0 ports on your physical motherboard?

The Commander Core is directly on the MOBO.

The Commander Pro is directly on the MOBO.

Lightning Node Core is connected to the USB slot on the Commander Pro.

That's the setup.

You mentioned you are utilizing a USB splitter off the motherboard for your Commander Core and the USB for your case. Are you utilizing the splitter or are you directly connecting the Commander Core to the motherboard?

I used do that setup above, but trying to fix the issue i disconnected the USB for the CASE rgb.

a78191f0d37b0e16e098696d39d1edb8.png

Above was the one that was connected.

Current setup:

Commander Core is directly on the MOBO.

Commander Pro is directly on the MOBO.

Lightning Node Core is connected to the USB slot on the Commander Pro.

At this point I would recommend you reach out to our techincal support staff by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com. Once you do that PM me your ticket number and I will send it to one of our support members that will be able to further assist you.

Would you recommend to disable or enable XCHI in Bios? I'm running Windows 10 Pro with a Asus Z390 TUF PRO Gaming motherboard.