Corsair Community

Vengeance K70 RGB - No hardware lighting in iCue

Hi, I've been given an old keyboard from my partner to use with my new build, a Vengeance K70 RGB.

I've got no trouble with it being detected in iCue, and setting up lighting effects while the computer is on, but I've got no option to create hardware lighting for the keyboard, for when the PC is locked or powering on, which I've been able to do for my other products (LL120 fans and Vengeance RGB Pro RAM). There's simply no tab on iCue to allow me to do this, the options I have for customisation of the keyboard are "Key Assignments", "Lighting Effects", "Performance", and "Device Settings".

I believe it has the functionality to do this - when my other products default to their hardware lighting, the keyboard was switching to an old profile my partner had been using with an older software version (it's been sitting in storage for a couple of years before I started using it) and I've done a reset by holding the escape key while plugging the keyboard in and it now uses a default profile where most of the keys are red, except the wasd keys which are lit up white.

Is there any way that I can set a hardware profile for the keyboard? It would be nice if my RGB matched over everything when my PC isn't connected to iCue.

I'm using iCue version 4.10.273, and the firmware for the keyboard is up to date, version 3.08

• Corsair Employees

Hello Caraj,

Please confirm the model of keyboard you have by looking at the label on the rear information panel. You can also provide the part number that should start with CH-xxxxxxx

Also if that keyboard has an FN key, you can try cycling through hardware lighting modes (if available) when iCUE is shut down, by hitting FN + numbers 1-0 at the top of the keyboard.

Please confirm the model of keyboard you have by looking at the label on the rear information panel. You can also provide the part number that should start with CH-xxxxxxx

The label calls the keyboard "Vengeance K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard", part number CH9000063-UK

No FN key to try

• Corsair Employees

Note this keyboard definitely won't work in the newer iCUE 4.

in iCUE 3 however --

Static lighting should be able to be changed by selecting the profile, and then selecting Save Static Lighting and Performance to Device which is located right next to it.