Corsair Community

as mentioned in other posts, the screen size of the new software is too large for any normal screen. i tried all solutions offered, and the only one that worked for me was the workaround using windows key plus arrow up, this makes the program's screen size fit. a few times mini/maximizing the screen size seemed to have it permanently fixed. until i logged in today and there was the huge screen again :P.

i'm a noob in computer-programming but i do notice things. for instance the fact that windows has its screen size set to 150% at default/recommended.

it takes little imagination to see what screen-size that would make a program have if the creator left this fact unchecked.

so with my two cents i'd say therein lies the problem.

please fix it anyway whether i'm wrong or right.

the previous version (icue3?) did not have this problem and im sorry i reinstalled already.

btw i reinstalled icue because since a few weeks i get lag on g-keys of my k95 rgb platinum.

which it didnt solve >:(

... what Milessy said... and...

if i set it at 100%, YOUR program iCue4 ( 3 didnt have this problem) will be fine and correctly scaled ( assuming). however , ALL other programs will shrink 50%.

it seems you are the only one that doesnt compensate for this 150% issue.

and as i said, iCue3 worked fine.

so why you didnt transfer this scaling issue while version 3 did, i dont know.

im no IT expert but it seems to me just a flick of a switch.

I wonder if that's why I can't resize the damned app below the size shown below (I use 125% scale on windows).

icue_wastedspace1.jpg

icue_wastedspace2.jpg

I'd really like to be able to resize the app so that there isn't a huge chunk of wasted space to the right and the bottom.

It'd also be wonderful if we could actually resize the widgets so they were all on one line, or they were 2x2, 3x3, 3x4 etc grid. It shouldn't be that hard to write :(

• Corsair Employees
I wonder if that's why I can't resize the damned app below the size shown below (I use 125% scale on windows).

icue_wastedspace1.jpg

icue_wastedspace2.jpg

I'd really like to be able to resize the app so that there isn't a huge chunk of wasted space to the right and the bottom.

It'd also be wonderful if we could actually resize the widgets so they were all on one line, or they were 2x2, 3x3, 3x4 etc grid. It shouldn't be that hard to write :(

Even if you have it set to 100% screen scaling the iCUE software has a minimum window size which is what you are noticing.

Why? There is so much wasted space in the app just sitting there blank covering other windows. It was even worse when the PSU wasn't registering.

Honestly, that seems like lazy design to not be *properly* resizable. How long has Windows had resizable and scrollable app windows for now?

It really is a shame that Corsair doesn't take comments like this more seriously. I was extremely disappointed to find out iCue had been "revamped" only to have the same scaling issues that has plagued the software for years! Today, I picked up a K95 gunmetal from Best Buy for $130. I absolutely hate Cherry MX Speed switches, but I have always wanted this board and the color scheme of the keyboard is great. However, as I am typing on this, I realize that the stablizers are absolutely terrible! I don't even remember the last time I heard this much rattle. Good Lord.

Anyway, this will go back to the store tomorrow. But, I am glad to see that someone has FINALLY POSTED A WORKAROUND to addressing the screen scaling issue. I had no idea I could simply press Windows Key + Up to get the software to scale correctly. Corsair continues to disappoint me in a variety of different ways.

as mentioned in other posts, the screen size of the new software is too large for any normal screen. i tried all solutions offered, and the only one that worked for me was the workaround using windows key plus arrow up, this makes the program's screen size fit. a few times mini/maximizing the screen size seemed to have it permanently fixed. until i logged in today and there was the huge screen again :P.

i'm a noob in computer-programming but i do notice things. for instance the fact that windows has its screen size set to 150% at default/recommended.

it takes little imagination to see what screen-size that would make a program have if the creator left this fact unchecked.

so with my two cents i'd say therein lies the problem.

please fix it anyway whether i'm wrong or right.

the previous version (icue3?) did not have this problem and im sorry i reinstalled already.

btw i reinstalled icue because since a few weeks i get lag on g-keys of my k95 rgb platinum.

which it didnt solve >:(

I was about to create another thread when i saw this, I too have the same issue as OP and its too big, I am not reducing my screen size because one my recommended screen size is 150 and i need bigger icons and text because its hard for me to see from far. So the solution reduce the screen size is not acceptable, I am using older icue which works fine, but would love to use the newer icue, please think about the people who cant reduce there screen size due to sight issues, just move the scaling that version 3 used and incoporate it within v4. Thank you Edited by AliA88

the workaround is credit to someone somewhere on some forum, i forgot where and who but my thanks go to that person also.

it also helps to have the program start up on each system startup, after youve imported

your personal keybinds and colors it will use those and you wont have to go into the oversized program again and again. but thats just me, i need only my key/colors and the rest idc about much.

nevertheless i fail to see why this issue cant be fixed.

iCue3 worked fine ( normal size) so why would you not have this in iCue4 too?

are we missing some kind of point or what? is it harder to fix than we might think? do you have a good reason to have it like this? please, enlighten us.

• 5 weeks later...

Still can't resize the app, or the widgets in it properly :(

C'mon Corsair let us configure the layout to our preferences. Like a narrow, vertical sidebar, or a wide but short bar at the top of the screen. Or just a regular old rectangle without all the wasted space.

But before that, make sure you add back the legacy devices people are missing.