Corsair Community

Volume wheel "feel", possible hardware issue

Hello any K95 (speed silver switches) owners. Just upgraded from a K70 (brown switches) and the volume control wheel feels vastly different and... worse IMO.

On the K95 the wheel is stiffer and completely smooth.

On the K70 the wheel was more free moving and there was a soft clicky feel for each interval of volume change, making it easy guess how much you've upped the volume.

Is the K95's wheel designed to be completely smooth? Or should there be a click feel (but inaudible) when you scroll?

Also sometimes the volume will jump up by a huge interval. And I just experienced the wheel getting stuck on "volume up" and the rest of the keyboard was unresponsive. Had to disconnect the USB cable and reconnect. This never happened with the K70.

on my K70 the volume wheel is completely smooth too, you must have had one of the early versions i suppose?

The volume controls works with or without iCUE. if it works flawlessly with iCUE closed, you may be able to narrow it down to a software problem?

on my K70 the volume wheel is completely smooth too, you must have had one of the early versions i suppose?

The volume controls works with or without iCUE. if it works flawlessly with iCUE closed, you may be able to narrow it down to a software problem?

Yeah, I've had the K70 for a few years now. It's a non-RGB version. I prefer the small tick feeling of the wheel.

How would you characterize the resistance of your smooth scroll wheel? Mine takes more force than I would expect. The old K70 takes about the same amount force to move as you would move the scroll wheel on your typical gaming mouse, but the K95 takes significantly more. Would you say your smooth wheel takes more force to move than your mouse's scroll wheel?

I do think the stuck volume is probably a software glitch, as I've found people reporting the same thing and possible a conflict with Chrome.

on the two K70 i've owned, the volume wheel feels super cheap. like no resistance. i can launch it and it would spin a little on its own. it does its job so i don't care much. From what you say, apaprently it's got better. i don't really like those freewheeling pots.

Maybe chrome cause issues yes. this brower is super heavy and glitchy on my end. the thing lags when on youtube for example. can't browse videos without the scrolling having hiccups.

Maybe try with Firefox or Edge, see if it misbehaves. I personally never had any issue with iCUE 3 and those browsers

• Corsair Employees

Hey LeDoyen and cusideabelincol,

Thanks for bringing this up, I'm going to ask my team if the scroll wheel is a common issue that's been reported on the K95. It's also good to know what your personal preferences are on hardware designs. If the issue of volume wheel continues to get "stuck" on any applications, please open a ticket with our support team and they'll gladly help with a replacement.

To clarify about the volume getting stuck at 100% and the keyboard becoming unresponsive:

So far it's only happened once, and it only happened when I was rapidly spinning the volume wheel back and forth. It wasn't under normal usage conditions, as I was testing the resistance of the wheel, trying to get some muscle memory.