Corsair Community

Which RAM suit for my system use?

mrNickname

I going to change my PC to a private server, so i changing the RAM, VideoCard for improvement, recently i found 2 types of ValueRAM which suit for my purpose but i not sure which is the right for my PC. Those RAM are VS1GBKIT400 and VS1GBKIT400C3.. I not sure which is right for me. I going to run, MySQL, Navicat, Java JDK and a Lineage2 (http://www.lineage2.com) game all togerher to support the server. Which will load up the CPU, RAM, VideoGPU power and HD Virtual Memory..

Thanks in advance

If you read the model; it says 1GBKIT400 Which mean is 2x512MB sticks kit, at the back has 400 means that is PC3200/400Mhz, also i using AMD AthlonXP 2500+ Barton Core 333Mhz, and i want this RAM fit on Abit VA-10 mainboard.. My system will run heavy and use up every power that my system has.. Maxout CPU, RAM, GPU, HD and Network load.

VS1GBKit400 will run good with this system, but you will need to run the memory at DDR333 with the CPU you so it's in sync with your CPU.

I was recommended by Corsair Compatible Site using 400Mhz clock for my mainboard.. Anyway Thanks!

Sort of.

Abit VA-10 Specs

Processor

- Supports AMD K7 Athlon™ XP/Athlon™/Duron™ FSB 333/266/200MHz Processors (VA-10 V1.2)

- Supports AMD K7 Athlon™ XP FSB 333/266MHz Processors (VA-10 V1.0/VA-10 V1.1)

Memory

- Two 184-pin DIMM sockets (Un-buffered Non-ECC DIMM)

- Supports 2 DIMM DDR 333/266/200 (Max. 2GB)

It's not capable of running the CPU or memory @ 400, nor can it run ECC or registered memory.

• Corsair Employees

Well that is based on chipset compatibility not the way you have the system configured. Sorry there are just too many possibilities to be able to give you all of those options. And I think we assume that you would know your systems limitations.

If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266.

If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333.

If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

Not to mention, in many cases slower memory is often times the same price and if you got faster memory you would not have to upgrade the memory later if you decided to upgrade the CPU to a faster one! And you can run faster memory at a slower speed.

Not to mention, in many cases slower memory is often times the same price and if you got faster memory you would not have to upgrade the memory later if you decided to upgrade the CPU to a faster one! And you can run faster memory at a slower speed.

If i use 400Mhz and can speed up a little, why Cosair introduce XMS TWINX1024-3200X? If cheaper RAM able to process faster than CPU, why i want to use dam expansive RAM process faster than CPU?!

Also is it possible to change the latency to the lowest? If yes how i do it?

• Corsair Employees

LOL! I think you may be looking at the glass as if it's half full and we are looking at it half empty!

All of our modules come with a speed rating and in some cases we know the modules will support higher frequency's at lower timings like in the case of CMS3200XL. But I would suggest you get modules for how you will use the system, not get modules and try and make everything work arround them.

What is the make and model of MB you have or will have and please tell me the CPU speed and it's FSB. In addition, do you over clock your system and if so how much?

What is the make and model of MB you have or will have and please tell me the CPU speed and it's FSB.

AMD AthlonXP 2500+ Barton Core 333Mhz

Abit VA-10

Here's the problem mrNickname, the board cannot run the memory faster than 333 Mhz. Also, yes, the 400 mhz memory can handle data faster than the 333 Mhz FSB CPU, however the memory gets its data FROM the CPU. Intel systems are made so that they can be run asynchronous from each other, but AMD systems do not run well at all like that.

Archived