Corsair Community

ic7 max3 and corsair twinx problems

uncleroy

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but the Intel I875 Chipset will not support registered memory. And the memory you have would be for a AMD Opteron CPU. I would suggest that you ask the reseller if they can exchange these modules for you for Twinx1024-3200LL with out the "R". And you should be fine. Ram Guy

i v bought the 1024RE-3200LLPT modules to use with an IC7-MAX3 abit. boot fails. MB alarm.... damn ! i have to contact the shop to get new modules :( IC7-max3 specs shows ECC compatibility ! ECC = registered It's wrong, bad specs :( Buyers , be carefull !

• 2 months later...
I ordered CORSAIR TWINX CMX512RE-3200LLPT for the same reason. I've just now, once again, rechecked ABIT's website and indeed in more than two places, in writing, it (still) states the IC7-MAX3 MB utilizes memory type (quoting) 'Dual DDR 400 (ECC)'. On the IC7-MAX3 spec. page under memory: - Four 184-pin DIMM sockets - Supports 4 DIMM Dual DDR 400 memory.(Max. 4GB) - Supports configurable ECC function So, what's the deal here. The following is what is stated in the online .pdf spec. sheet for TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT memory.  1 Gigabyte of registered memory  Two CMX512RE-3200LL memory DIMMs  Error Correction (ECC) Would love some insight to this serious problem!! KurtMD

• Corsair Employees
LOL! It will not support registered memory and that is stated in the user manual and on the Spec sheet. And I am sorry but the Intel chipset spec also clearly will not support registered memory. ECC is not the problem or the question.

Archived