Corsair Community

Push / Pull with LL and ML fans?

t1971

I could be talking nonsense here, something im new to. I have the 500D SE Case, with 3 x LL120 fans. If i wanted to fit an 360 AIO, say the H150i ELITE CAPELLIX, could i use push / pull by reversing the ML fans? Is it worth it? Id like a 360, i like the LL RGB, but the ML are too good to just take off.

I could be talking nonsense here, something im new to. I have the 500D SE Case, with 3 x LL120 fans. If i wanted to fit an 360 AIO, say the H150i ELITE CAPELLIX, could i use push / pull by reversing the ML fans? Is it worth it? Id like a 360, i like the LL RGB, but the ML are too good to just take off.

Hi bud...

push/pull and a Rad that thick its all about aesthetics. not needed but sure does look good.

as for mixing the fans.. can do. but would need to match their rpms. i personally dumped the stock ML's and went all LL and then all QL..

http://i.imgur.com/tluBegcl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ul6ebxWl.jpg

Think I'm just going to stick with what I have. Sounds like push pull isn't worth it for me. Looked in to swapping my LL fans for QLs But then read performance isn't as good. Sounds like LL is the middle ground between performance and aesthetics.

Ideally i would like a 360 with the Capellix block, but doesnt comes with RGB fans, and im not sure mixing ML and LL would look good in RGB anyway.

Edited by t1971

There is no meaningful difference in performance between an LL and QL fan. The ML is going to be a better fan for restrictive applications like radiators, but on a 360mm radiator it is a matter of a degree or two. The same applies to push-pull with a typical 1 degree difference when on a test radiator. However, restrictive installations might benefit a bit more than that. People who still use a dust filter on top of a radiator or have tight glass panels blocking direct airflow are more likely to see meaningful differences. Push-pull QL or LL is likely superior to single sided ML at the same speed, but since there is a clear cost to doing that, you only chase that down if you want the visual elements. It's not a good performance per money spent investment.

Ive read a lot of mixed reports on it. But i dont want any more lights in this dark case really. Its going to expensive and hard to get what i would like, really isnt worth it.

Im on a 280 top rad without any problems really, just stick to what i have.

Well that was a total waste of time and an awful lot of stress. The AM4 bracket does not fit. It's loose, it it doesn't stick to the pump block the way the h115i did. The bracket from that even feels better on this. It's impossible to install. Clip in one side and then it just slides out when you try to clip the other side in.

Came here for help and notice someone else really unhappy about it not fitting. Went to Amazon where I bought it and many reviews all saying will not fit AM4. I wish I had read them first. Now it's all to be striped out and returned to Amazon on Monday.

Been without a PC for days trying to get help with this, and now it's back to my old setup

My Z370 rig has 4 x ML140 RGB fans (front and top mounted rad), an LL140 RGB (rear exhaust), and an old HD140RGB on the bottom facing up. That HD140RGB moves WAY more air than the ML's or the LL. Side by side sitting on the table I was amazed at the difference in air volume and pressure.

While I don't have much faith in Corsair's specs, they do show that of the three, the HD140RGB has the highest CFM and static pressure. If looks were not a consideration, I think they would do the best job on a rad, push/pull or not. My new rig has QL120s and 140s. They look great but are clearly inferior from a performance standpoint.