Corsair Community

Firmware Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE Gunmetal and dongle

Seriously? This is just gonna die off? You guys are really gonna ignore all of us asking for the basic tools needed to try to recover devices we paid you good money for? This is why phrases like "class Action" get thrown around. Is that really how this has to go? This one file can't possibly have that many trade secrets in it.

I PMd you.

Hi!,

Anyone have virtuoso se wirelless firmware?! (i have "v?" in my settings).

This morning my headset dont get recognize by my dongle. I don't know why.

So i try a lot of stuff for repairing and fixing this problem. I think if i have this firmware, i will fix the problem. (acutally my headset have a blinking red light with a sound).

Thanks in advance. Coridaly. TenThousand. :bigeyes:

PS: I updated my icue of course.

Edited by TenThousand

:mad:

So I updated 2 virtuoso headsets and now neither of them work wirelessley on my PS5. GREAT I,m just so done with corsair at this point.

So apparently if you go into the dongle connection settings there is a Playstation mode you have to switch it to in order to use the headset on a Playstation. Thanks for telling me about that yknow instead of searching Google for hours.:mad:

So at this point, pretty sure i need the correct firmware image updates for every corsair product i own which is the ones i stated above
,i have same issue like this,pls anyone help me

Same. Having some serious issues with the microphone button/boom which i'm hoping firmware update will sort. iCue won't suggest update to me - need the files. PM'd the friendly Corsair guy on here hoping to get a link, and also raised a support ticket now

• Corsair Employees
On the topic of dongles... does anyone know if the slipstream dongle for the Virtuoso SE is compatible with the Virtuoso RGB?

No, it will not. Are you experiencing an issue with a dongle?

ok, let's try this for LAST TIME: my dongle shows a question mark. i may have a method to flash the proper firmware on to it, but i need the actual firmware files. if installing icue was all that was needed, i wouldn't be here getting more and more pissed at the company that won't let me use my product. just let me have the firmware files. the software just hangs. either the firmware or my money. next up is a lawyer.

did you somehow get it fixed? I'm still struggling with this

No, I never got my hands on a firmware file. Seriously, Corsair?! What's the issue with this file? What are you hiding? I can't seem to understand why you'd even go as far as directly engaging the people talking about a specific problem while completely ignoring the rest of us asking for this one file in the hopes of fixing our own devices thereby saving you guys work. Is the firmware file hiding the fact that the headset isn't doing an advertised feature? Is that possible missing feature worse than the fact that YOUR software tried to force a firmware update, bricked my dongle, and you won't let me have the files i need to try to fix it? I really can't seem to understand why you'd go through so much trouble to alienate paying customers.

• Corsair Employees
No, I never got my hands on a firmware file. Seriously, Corsair?! What's the issue with this file? What are you hiding? I can't seem to understand why you'd even go as far as directly engaging the people talking about a specific problem while completely ignoring the rest of us asking for this one file in the hopes of fixing our own devices thereby saving you guys work. Is the firmware file hiding the fact that the headset isn't doing an advertised feature? Is that possible missing feature worse than the fact that YOUR software tried to force a firmware update, bricked my dongle, and you won't let me have the files i need to try to fix it? I really can't seem to understand why you'd go through so much trouble to alienate paying customers.

Have you opened a ticket with our support? They will be able to provide the proper firmware to address your issue.

Hi i just want to ask, if my virtuoso non SE is working just fine without problem, should i need to update this firmware? I do see the firmware update option on my iCUE 3.38.61

• Corsair Employees
Hi i just want to ask, if my virtuoso non SE is working just fine without problem, should i need to update this firmware? I do see the firmware update option on my iCUE 3.38.61

You do not need to update your VIRTUOSO's firmware. Firmware 5.xx is only for our Multipoint feature, which allows you to use multiple SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS devices via a single dongle (rather than a dongle for each device).

Hi, I have the corsair virtuoso rgb and I have updated the firmware of the headphones and the dongle can not connect to the headphones, it flashes red.

I have to update also I have to update the firmware of the dongle? or what can I do?

Hello everyone. I own a Virtuoso RGB Wireless headset too and just today I received an update which I couldn't successfully install. Since then my dongle doesn't detect my headset anymore. In USB-mode it works fine. I was that stupid to format my pc beven ecause I got sick and tired. I need help big time.

Dongle version: 5.4.99

Headset Verison: 0.17.149

Client Version: 4.13.233

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Corsair,

Please PM me the latest firmware for the dongle and for the SE headset. I've got 4.13.226 iCUE software installed but it won't detect and update them automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Corsair i need to firmware for Virtuoso SE Gunmetal. I can't firmware. All time i get error.

Headset firmware version v. 0.17.149
Dongle firmware version v. 0.16.80
I try firmware to version
Headset firmware version v. 5.2.68
Dongle firmware version v. 5.4.99

iCUE 4.13.266

I have the same issue with my Virtuoso SE Gunmetal after i updated the firmware of the Headset to v. 0.17.149,
the headset don't connect to the Dongle. USB Connection works fine.

iCUE 4.13.266

I would try out a rollback but i don't have a firmware file.

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, warpseven said:

I have the same issue with my Virtuoso SE Gunmetal after i updated the firmware of the Headset to v. 0.17.149,
the headset don't connect to the Dongle. USB Connection works fine.

iCUE 4.13.266

I would try out a rollback but i don't have a firmware file.

Thanks in advance.

Same issue here

I've been running into the same issue too. Updated my dongle to version 5.4.99 and wireless mode all of the sudden doesn't work. Works completely fine in USB mode. Already filed a ticket, but maybe I could find some quick answers here. My headset is also 0.17.149, but after reading previous replies, it seems that it may not matter.

Edited by d3rp30
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Like others here, after I updated the firmware of the Headset to v. 0.17.149, the headset will no longer connect to the Dongle. USB Connection works fine.

iCUE 4.14.179

The dongle just keeps flashing red. I've tried to re-pair the headset, but it's not pairing. I tried to pair leaving the dongle mode to Playstation and then again using Multipoint. 

2021-08-23_12-33-18.png