Corsair Community

iCue profiles no longer importing properly

Just tried to import some new profiles and the lighting layers for the fans, I have 7 QL 120's, are not being imported.

This was fine a couple of weeks ago and to test it I imported some profiles that I already have in iCue.

The copies are not importing any lighting layers for the QL120's.

I know they were before as I already have the profiles in my Icue software and they work as intended even if I export and then import them again it still works correctly, but if I download and import them again from the Corsair website or Lewis website there is nothing in them for the RGB fans.

I uninstalled iCue and did a fresh reinstall, removing everything in the registry etc as shown on the Corsair website but this did not solve the issue.

Edited by Jyster

OK, first I have seen the Lighting Node Cores affected, but this also applies to the RGB channels on the Commander Pro and possibly some of the ambient lighting devices. This is a problem in CUE 4.10, but if you roll back to CUE 4.9 you should be able to import CUE 4.9 and CUE 3 profiles and the lighting will be there. You could then re-install CUE 4.10 if necessary and the lighting should stay, but that brings back the import problem as well. Edited by c-attack

OK, first I have seen the Lighting Node Cores affected, but this also applies to the RGB channels on the Commander Pro and possibly some of the ambient lighting devices. This is a problem in CUE 4.10, but if you roll back to CUE 4.9 you should be able to import CUE 4.9 and CUE 3 profiles and the lighting will be there. You could then re-install CUE 4.10 if necessary and the lighting should stay, but that bring back the import problem as well.

Yup, see this on the RGB channels for the Commander Pro using ICUE 4.10.x. I'm using a profile by Alex (CyberPunk) that supports RGB strips off a Commander Pro yet it fails to import the lighting effects at all on the channels.

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.9.350_release.msi

Uninstall 4.10 through the Windows Apps panel normally, but do not check the options to delete old profiles. CUE 4 saves your builds from prior versions to make rolling back much easier than CUE 3. After uninstall you can run the installer for 4.9 normally as well. The above link works for any version, but you need to know the build number. This is one reason I think it is better to grab the downloads from the website rather than update through the CUE app.

OK, first I have seen the Lighting Node Cores affected, but this also applies to the RGB channels on the Commander Pro and possibly some of the ambient lighting devices. This is a problem in CUE 4.10, but if you roll back to CUE 4.9 you should be able to import CUE 4.9 and CUE 3 profiles and the lighting will be there. You could then re-install CUE 4.10 if necessary and the lighting should stay, but that brings back the import problem as well.

Is this something that will be addressed in a future iCUE update?

I rolled back to iCUE 4.9 and the profiles were still not importing correctly so did a complete fresh reinstall and there is still a slight issue.

When I now import a profile for some reason the lighting layers will only get imported onto one Lighting Node Core with nothing in the second one.

I can get round this by saving the lighting layers on the one they got imported to into the lighting library and copy them to the blank LNC from there.

The issue with the Commander Pro and importing hopefully is resolved soon. It was a major problem for me twice when trying to set-up a new Commander. That is the other side to saving/importing/exporting. Each device has a unique identifier, so if your Lighting Node Core dies and you swap in a new one, it will not automatically pick up the prior lighting because the program assumes it to be a new additional device. Export/Import is the resolution for that as it blanket applies the lighting. So your two LNC devices should each be saving two separate sets of stored lighting and one would presume it then reapplies them to match the unique identifier. But if it is dependent on the identifier, then you would not be able to import/export to solve it. I will ask about this.

Hi,

I am banging my head against the wall.

I have a similar problem with the one that you are reporting with a Commander Core (H115i) with 6 QL fans and a LNP with LianLi Strimer Plus strips.

Both Commander Core and LNP are hooked separately on separate USB on the MB. Hardware lights and Scenes working perfectly, synchronizing perfectly etc etc..... Importing the newest profiles from Alex Krastev that are working perfectly and which worked before result in no lights for the fans and the strimer plus. Even strangely my headphone base also does not synchronize. Even more strangely, the fans are lighting when I am importing a folder containing more than one profiles, but only for the first profile..........Incredible

i did a clean reinstall so I cannot export import the old ones.

Any idea? Thank you...

Thank you very much for your prompte response. Initially I was afraid that there was a conflict with a hardware profile of a component that was interfering....

Or maybe that I had a conflict due to the 2 separate USB connections on the MSI motherboard.... Because before, it worked perfectly.....

But then, all Scenes and hardware profiles are working perfectly for the Commander Core (6 QL) and the LNP (Strimer Plus - 3x RGB LED Strip)....

So it must be some sort of software issue......

According to your instructions I uninstalled 4.10 and installed 4.9.350. It worked immediately. Everything that I import now is correctly imported and lighted.

I will further test and report.

Thank you again!

Best,