Corsair Community

5000D Airflow Accessory Kit Question

Hi Everybody,

This is my first build in 10 years. Previous build was in a Corsair White Graphite 600T. That was the most fun I ever had building a computer.

The accessory kit for the 5000D has a packet of washers. I'm guessing, since there are 8, that they are for the motherboard screws. Is that right?

I built 3 computers so far and never needed washers. Why do I need them now?

And that brings up another question. Why is there a support standoff in the middle of the second row? Why wouldn't I want to screw down the center?

I can't remove it and use a standard standoff because the hole is in a raised dimple in the tray and would raise the center of the motherboard.

So, clearly, somebody didn't want me to do that :biggrin:

Thank you for your help.

The support standoff in the middle is to hold the motherboard in place if you are mounting with the case standing upright. It holds the board all centered and ready for you to put the screws in. I am not sure about the washers, I did not use them on my 5000X. I find the center post very handy in a case, no need to hold the board in place while you put a screw in.
  • Confused 1

• Corsair Employees

The center standoff is as stated here for guidance and for holding your motherboard in place to install the screws, handy little thing.

The washers can be used for lots of things but not always needed no so dont worry about those if you dont need them.

The washers can be used for lots of things but not always needed no so dont worry about those if you dont need them.

Thanks. I was wondering if they were some new important safety feature.

you also get 8 SSD and 16 HDD/MB screws and 3 SSD drive mounting trays that use 4 x ssd screws each... could be related to storage mounting..

http://i.imgur.com/s4vjUF1l.jpg

Thanks, Zotty.

On the bottom floor of the case I noticed that there are some holes that line up with SSD mounting holes. That might be a place to use the washers!

BTW, your links and diagrams have already helped me a lot. Thank you.