Corsair Community

Is my RGB Fan setup ok ? (CoPro, Lightning Node Core)

SnoWolF974

Hello !

I'm gonna build my second PC after 9 years with the same computer

So i'm new to the Corsair Fan System

I have buy:

- 8x "Corsair SP120 RGB ELITE"

- 1x "Commander Pro"

- 2x 4-pin Fan Splitter Cable "FAN4SPLIT12" (because CoPro only have 6ports and i need 8)

- and Got 2x "Lightning Node Core" who come with the FAN

I have read all guide on the forum and i just want to be sure if what i have understand is corect so i have make a Diagram can you tell me if my build is correct ? (see image below)

Spec of my future build:

Mobo: Asus TUF GAMING B560-PLUS

Case: Lian Li Lancool ii Mesh RGB

Power: Corsair RM750 80PLUS Gold

And sorry for my bad english i'm french :biggrin:

Thanks

Sl1pXLu.jpg

The diagram is correct and a logical layout. However, I am a little worried about the USB passthrough recognition on the Commander Pro. The AMD x570, B5xx motherboards often have difficulty with USB power levels, especially when devices are chained together. It might work, but you might want to look at a SATA powered USB hub for all three devices. It may prevent some frustration later.

The diagram is correct and a logical layout. However, I am a little worried about the USB passthrough recognition on the Commander Pro. The AMD x570, B5xx motherboards often have difficulty with USB power levels, especially when devices are chained together. It might work, but you might want to look at a SATA powered USB hub for all three devices. It may prevent some frustration later.

Thanks but can you link me a "SATA powered USB hub" for exemple ? Because when i type that i got too much result and i don't know what to take

And if i replace the 2 lightning node core with 2 corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and i connect then to LED 1 - 2 (on CoPro) it will be better and i will don't need a "SATA powered USB hub" ?

It's possible you still might need the powered Hub for the Commander Pro alone. The X570 was really picky. I don't think we have enough user B560 info yet to make sweeping predictions. More info here.

This is a commonly used hub by people in this same situation. There are others that work as well. Just make sure it has a SATA power line rather than a "USB splitter" with not additional power.

USB power aside, there is one additional benefit if getting two RGB hubs and moving control to the Commander Pro. With two identical controllers (2 x LNPs or 2 x Lighting Node Cores), the order they load in will flip flop constantly. It gets to be a minor annoyance to select one looking for "the two fan hub" but you get the 6 fan hub instead or vice versa. It also make sequential global lighting effects more difficult since you can't control whether group 1 or group 2 fires first. On the Commander you have 2 clear RGB channels with a fixed 1 -> 2 priority. This may not matter if you just like solid colors or rainbow wave everywhere. It may be much more important if you like to experiment with complicated lighting patterns of your own design.

It's possible you still might need the powered Hub for the Commander Pro alone. The X570 was really picky. I don't think we have enough user B560 info yet to make sweeping predictions. More info here.

This is a commonly used hub by people in this same situation. There are others that work as well. Just make sure it has a SATA power line rather than a "USB splitter" with not additional power.

USB power aside, there is one additional benefit if getting two RGB hubs and moving control to the Commander Pro. With two identical controllers (2 x LNPs or 2 x Lighting Node Cores), the order they load in will flip flop constantly. It gets to be a minor annoyance to select one looking for "the two fan hub" but you get the 6 fan hub instead or vice versa. It also make sequential global lighting effects more difficult since you can't control whether group 1 or group 2 fires first. On the Commander you have 2 clear RGB channels with a fixed 1 -> 2 priority. This may not matter if you just like solid colors or rainbow wave everywhere. It may be much more important if you like to experiment with complicated lighting patterns of your own design.

Thanks, i just want static light so its gonna be ok

Just to make sure i have understand all with your edit at the end it should be like that ? Or did i make a mistake x) ?

O0rNcWF.jpg

Yes, that is how it will work. You can change the fan grouping based on location. It does not need to be 6 + 2. It can be 4 + 4 or 5 + 3. You you should choose that based on how you want the fans to be grouped for sequential lighting patterns. If you put 5 on LNC #1, it will run from 1-5 for those fans. 6-7-8 will have their own separate 3 fan group and lighting patterns.
  • Confused 1

Yes, that is how it will work. You can change the fan grouping based on location. It does not need to be 6 + 2. It can be 4 + 4 or 5 + 3. You you should choose that based on how you want the fans to be grouped for sequential lighting patterns. If you put 5 on LNC #1, it will run from 1-5 for those fans. 6-7-8 will have their own separate 3 fan group and lighting patterns.

Thanks for you help <3

I will tell you in 1 month when i receive all my pc part if it work without or with the usb