Corsair Community

K65 LED repair

Hey, maybe some one here can help me out

To make a long story short: I bough a used K65 Keyboard, removed all switches to paint the whole case white and replace some broken ones. The Keyboard works like a charm, however I broke a couple (5) LEDs in the process.

The LEDs are mounted on the PCB is there any chance I could try to replace them? I dont mind if its difficult or likely to break the Keyboard. The whole project is just for learning and fun. I have not found any Information of the LED type in the internet, Which I would need to find replacement LEDs, but maybe somebody her has some Information for me. Also a guide to replace the LEDs on the pcb would be great!

All help is welcome.

Best regards

Sui

Hi Suisakul,

Unfortunately we can't provide any official resources on fixing internal device components, as that is very much proprietary information -- we do apologize for the inconvenience.

No need to apologize, as the inconvenience is totally self-inflicted xD

I am also aware that corsair cannot give me a step by step guide to fix the LEDs. I was more looking for users that may encountered a similar problem. If its against the forum rules to share such information I apologize and the post can be deleted.

Best regards