Corsair Community

K70 mk2 LP macros

MikeRGB74

Next days will arrive my new K70 MK2 Low profile keyboard... (that doesn't have G1-G5 keys).

I'd like to know if it's possible to assign a macro like

"turn all rgb lights off" to a key combination like CTRL+F12, because i have my computer in my room, and if it's on during night (for example to download a big game from steam), I'd like to rest in the complete dark....not with Xmas tree lights :D.

For instance, i turned off lights manually in my psu (look at my specs), but i have also corsair rgb ram and in the next months i will add LL120 fans to my 4000D Airflow case.

Is it complicated? Any suggestion will be welcomed

p.s. i viewed all the instrucions on corsair site and corsair videos , nut they are for the 3 version of icue...i have the 4.10.273. I cannot find the "full software control" checkbox.... guys at corsair should update their tutorials and videos...

Edited by MikeRGB74

You do this with either 1) a profile switch to a pre-made profile with all devices set to 0,0,0 or without lighting effects. "Profile switch" is a specific action type that can be assigned to any one key on the KB. This can be set as a loop with current profiles so that is goes A -> B -> A -> B as you hit the switch.

or 2) In CUE 4 create a "scene" on the home screen. This is the same as creating a profile with all the lights out, but applies to lighting settings only. It is activated by clicking on the box on the CUE main screen. There are two possible advantages to this method. If you use a lot of profiles, you don't need to constantly relink the "dark mode" in all of your profiles. It also can be toggled from black to full white or rainbow with a quick flip of the dial. I use the dark mode this way for the same reason you are considering, but then I can also use it to light it up full white when I am looking at stuff in the case or attempting to read tiny MB print. Since you won't need to toggle in and out of dark mode every few minutes, the one click to to enable/disable in CUE is just as practical as the key initiation, but without the required program linking.

The idea was to set all rgb peripherals to 0 (off) on the fly, and go to sleep, for example... in the weekend i'll try.

Thanks for sharing the possibilities... i use "dedicated" profiles only for some games... so having a scene is not my intention... but if i can assign the total dark scene to a key combination (like CTRL+F12), it would be a good idea.