Corsair Community

LS100 - need advice for 32inch 16:9 monitor

Hey!

I'm interested in the LS100 Smart Lightning strips for my 32inch 16:9 monitor.

As the dimensions of my monitor are 71cm (width) and 42cm (height),

my idea was to buy the Starter Kit (2x 450mm + 2x 250mm) and an

additional Extension Kit (2x 350mm) to fully cover the back of my monitor.

After reading several posts here about setup problems when using the strips in a different order like they're originally supposed to, I'm not sure about what to do...

Would this fully work? (from left side clock wise around the back)

350mm - 450mm - 250mm - 350mm - 250mm - 450mm

I could probably also live with

250mm - 350mm - 350mm - 250mm - 450mm

if that would work better as I don't care that much about lightning on my desk.

I've read that a single Starter Kit would not really look nice on a monitor larger than 27inch, so that's not really an option....

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: with "fully work" I'm not talking about static color, rather all effects and colors a single Starter Kit would offer.

• Corsair Employees

Both setups you mentioned would work fine with one controller as it is not over the limit of 138 LEDs in one channel.

350mm - 450mm - 250mm - 350mm - 250mm - 450mm = 126 LEDs.

One thing to note - video lighting requires the strips to be set short strips on the side with matching lengths and long ones at the top and bottom with matching lengths as well.

Hi Corsair Fer,

thanks for your quick reply, so if I get that right, to take full advantage of the strips' abilities, and want to cover most of my monitor's back I'd have to use:

250mm - 350mm - 350mm - 250mm - 350mm - 350mm

That'd be a Starter Kit and 2x 350mm Extension Kits to get those 4x 350mm Strips,

so I could use the 2x 450mm that are left on Channel 2 and place them und my desk :laughing:

WAIT! Do those 350mm actually count as "long" or is that only the 450mm?

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

I've received my Starter Kit and the two 350mm Extension Kits and set it all up,

just to notice that the Video Lightning does not work as expected....

iCUE expects 250 - 450 - 450 - 250 - 450 - 450 for the Ultrawide or Dual-Monitor setting and there's no way (at least I didn't see it) to let me set those expected 450mm Strips to the actual 350mm strips...

That's exactly what I wanted to prevent and why I asked prior to purchasing :[pouts:

I know that I can arrange the strips the way they physically are attached with "External LED Strip"-setting, but that kills they ability to use Video Lightning.

Any advice would be highly appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
Is there any update on this? I just upgraded from a 27 inch monitor to a 32 inch. The system was clearly designed with a 27 inch monitor in mind. Is there anyway you guys could add an option for larger monitors in the iCUE software? I bought the expansion kit hoping to make it work, so far no dice...thanks in advanced

• Corsair Employees
Is there any update on this? I just upgraded from a 27 inch monitor to a 32 inch. The system was clearly designed with a 27 inch monitor in mind. Is there anyway you guys could add an option for larger monitors in the iCUE software? I bought the expansion kit hoping to make it work, so far no dice...thanks in advanced

Were you asking regarding the video lighting mode? Feel free to PM me if you have questions regarding your specific setup.

AFAIK there is no way at the moment to use custom dimension strip arrays with Video Lighting, unless they use the same exact number and kind of strips you see in the predefined setup modes like Double Monitor and Single UW Monitor. The fun fact is that both this setups involve the same strips (250 - 450 - 450 - 250 - 450 - 450), so they are just doubles...

But they are also quite useless for UW monitors... I have a 34" curved monitor that is less than 90cm. in width, so if I'd install 2x450 on bottom and top, the strips would peep from the sides (and you have also to consider the space taken by the 250 strips).

This is my actual setup, the one that best covers my monitor's back:

Setup.png

But, as I said, I can't use it with Video Lighting, iCue does not offer the option. If I use Double Monitor or Single UW Monitor setups, Video Lighting option pops up and works for some time, then breaks and strips start to act weird.

This is a long time ago reported problem, no official answer at the moment, only the promise of a fix in a next version of iCue but no luck so far.

Quite upsettinmg to me, as I can see any reason why one can't use VL if the number of leds involved is less.

Baio

Just wanted to add, as i've been burnt by this with no sign of a fix, that video lighting won't work if you have more than 2 monitors connected, even if you only intend to use it on only 1 of your monitors.