Corsair Community

PLEASE HELP: Capellix H150i Flashing Red

Hi,

I've been using my PC for just over a month now with the Capellix H150i (White), with a Ryzen 7 5800X. It just randomly started flashing red and the iCue app shows a red triangle next to it with no message or indication what is wrong.

It seems to be working because my CPU jumps between 40C and 73C max (when under some load).

It is connected to the AIO Pump on my ASUS X570-E Gaming MOBO.

The fans connected to it are running too so no issues there.

I've updated the iCue firmware too and everything else is up to date.

Should I be worried and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Just an update on what I have tried:

- Put it on a different SATA plug on the splitter

- Switched to a different USB port on the MOBO

- Removing the commander core from windows and re-adding the device

- Force updating the commander core in iCUE (seems normal for a bit but then starts flashing red again and ramping fans up to max)

- Unplugging and replugging the rad into the commander core

None of these worked

It seems like the AIO is still working as the CPU temp remains around 50 (cooled from around 70 under load)

Just managed to play a round of Valorant on the PC with no issue (obviously the AIO and Fans connected to the Commander Core are still flashing red).

Leads me to believe that maybe it’s just that the actual AIO temp is not managing to be monitored so it’s ramping the fans up to max and flashing red just in case.

Any advice would be very welcome on what I can do!

Still worried about the red flashing and fans being ramped up to max.

On that unit the SATA will provide power as long as the special connector to the Commander Core is in place. As long as the fluid is moving, it should not overheat regardless of fan behavior. The red triangle does not have a specific meaning. It is a general warning indicator. In CUE if you get this for a device, quit CUE and then restart the app. This sometimes fixed initialization issues, although this looks like something else.

Go to the notification tab for the AIO and turn off the standard emergency temp notification. I am unsure if that is being triggered inadvertently, with cause, or if that is what you seeing at all, but at the moment you don't need it. Some alarm notifications must be actively dismissed in order to reset their alarm function.

There are some funny issues with USB power/signal on the x570 boards. This is normally seen (or heard) as frequent system USB connect/disconnect sounds. This is not the normal result, but it might trigger the alarm if there was a glitch with the coolant temp reading for just a second.

A more likley problem is a software conflict with another monitoring program. If you are using HWiNFO, AIDA, or any other program that is actively polling the AIO at the same time as CUE, they can get entangled. Common consequences of this are missing tabs in the UI, impossibly low or high temp values (that could trigger the alarm), or data in the wrong place (12v rail = 3.3v). Close the monitoring program and restart the CUE service (or restart the PC).

Thanks for the reply

Sorry I don't see the notification tab for the AIO or anywhere to turn off this temp notification (screenshot attached).

I've not seen anything running (when looking in Task Manager).

I have HWMonitor but it isn't running.

Also, FYI this happens before windows boots up.

As the system starts, seems fine and then after about 10 seconds it starts flashing red.

Don't know if something in the background has started before then but thought would add this detail just in case.

Thanks

Screenshot.thumb.png.fd07a3c8f5e1a63c883fa907c5985288.png

Edited by MkTitch

UPDATE:

I believe it might be fixed.

I uninstalled ASUS Aura stuff using an uninstaller tool on their website (but this had no immediate affect).

I went into the ASUS BIOS and enabled monitoring of the CPU FAN (previously disabled because I had the AIO plugged into the AIO header and the BIOS would kick out about there not being a fan).

Now that I moved the AIO to the CPU_FAN header and enabled monitoring in BIOS (also changed the fan curve to Standard from Extreme (100% on all levels).

Suddenly seems okay.

Sorry, it's now called "Alerts" in CUE 4, but that does not seem to matter since you don't appear to have control over the Commander Core right now and it and some other features are missing in this suspended state. There should be fans and coolant temp on the "Cooling" tab and that is missing as well.

Contact Corsair Support. It's not clear if there is a power issue on the unit or elsewhere, but it stands to reason this unit may have problem. No reason to keep talking to us about software issues. This is going to be a hardware problem.

The BIOS settings for fan control don't matter for this unit's functionality. Older units used to suck power from the fan header. In the RGB era these all need far more power than that and it comes from the SATA. It does not matter if you put the MB lead on AIO, W_Pump, AIO, or any other chassis fan header. All it does is report a pump speed to the BIOS. The purpose of that is a safety check and it was meant for CPU Fan. If your device does not send a signal back on boot, the BIOS will throw up that CPU fan error to let you know some thing is wrong. If you put the lead anywhere else, you will need to suspend that protections system (Adv. BIOS -> Monitoring -> CPU fan (RPM) -> enter and choose ignore). You don't have to keep it on CPU fan, but this is the kind of thing it is designed to protect against --- a pump fail on power on creates an immediate response.

Thank you for the reply.

It seems to be running okay now - perhaps was software or the ASUS MOBO is a bit weird.

After changing to CPU_FAN and setting in the BIOS to monitor it, also changing the fan profile in BIOS - it suddenly started working.

Previous to that, I uninstalled Armoury Crate (which had some background AIO server process) but that had no immediate affect so didn't think that was what fixed it.

I'll stick with the unit for now as the temps seem fine and gaming is okay since last night.

Thanks for the assistance

• 11 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 1:25 PM, MkTitch said:

UPDATE:

I believe it might be fixed.

I uninstalled ASUS Aura stuff using an uninstaller tool on their website (but this had no immediate affect).

I went into the ASUS BIOS and enabled monitoring of the CPU FAN (previously disabled because I had the AIO plugged into the AIO header and the BIOS would kick out about there not being a fan).

Now that I moved the AIO to the CPU_FAN header and enabled monitoring in BIOS (also changed the fan curve to Standard from Extreme (100% on all levels).

Suddenly seems okay.

Can you detail explain how to do that? Mine was working fine until I updated the drivers for the Motherboard, I already tried everything. I enter to the BIOS but neither the Motherboard read the RPM, I don’t know what to do honestly. Thank you!