Corsair Community

Corsair Strafe RBK MK2 keyboard stops working, no apparent fix

This is now the fourth time my RGB MK2 has stopped working completely. I purchased the keyboard a year ago, and had this problem the first time after a few months.

The keyboard will simply become unresponsive, and nothing seems to help. After some time it starts working again, maybe (so far not this time, I'm typing this on a 16 year old Logitech keyboard I had to dig out. That still works!)

• The official reset procedure does NOT work.
  • Trying other USB ports does NOT work.
  • Reinstalling drivers, restarting machine, fiddling with USB settings etc. does NOT work.
  • Updating firmware does NOT work, and the keyboard doesn't even show up in iCue to be able to do that.
  • Running without iCue and repeating the above steps does NOT work.

I have tried every tip I've found across many threads here and on other hardware sites, nothing works. The amount of threads with this specific problem suggest this is a common issue with these piece of **** keyboards. I have a feeling it's the software messing it up, since the keyboard can literally stay plugged in overnight, untouched, and not work in the morning.

This was a $150 purchase. Suffice to say I won't be buying any other Corsair products.

If you're reading this thread with the same problem; I'm sorry. If you're doing your due diligence researching before a purchase; DO NOT BUY ANY CORSAIR KEYBOARDS! They are full of these issues due to buggy software, just search around on any hardware forums.

• Corsair Employee

Hi stenb,

We're very sorry you're having negative experiences with our keyboards.

If you are getting the impression it's a software issue, let's try a clean install of iCUE:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

If this does not help, please do open a ticket with support using the Support Ticket System link at the top of this page, and our support team will help make this right for you.

• 3 months later...

same thing happens to me 

i went to turn on my pc this morning and no lights on keyboard to response nothing i had to unplug and replug the keyboard to get it to work so i could login to windows

• Corsair Employee

i went to turn on my pc this morning and no lights on keyboard to response nothing i had to unplug and replug the keyboard to get it to work so i could login to windows

Hi Lou0717,

I went ahead and converted this to a ticket on your behalf with the Tech Support team. Please keep an eye on the email address associated with your Corsair.com account, and we should be in touch with you soon to assist with troubleshooting.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I have been having the same issue since I got it xmas of 2020. I have been waiting on threads like this to pop up so the wonderful programmers could enlighten us with how to fix it. Unfortunately, due to policies within their own organization, they are unable to be transparent about this issue.

I have opened two tickets with corsair in the past and there was nothing they could do since it was purchased through an online retailer. The only option I have in saving this keyboard. We want a solution, not tickets. Please get your policies out of your heads and think of the customer, or at least the guy stuck with a 12 pound paperweight.