Corsair Community

ML120 and CP

MikeRGB74

Question:

Looking for ML120 RGB Fans, and looked some reviews. there are 2 hubs in the box:

rgb hub and node pro.

But if i intend to use a commander pro, can i get rid of the node pro and connect the 3pin led cable from the rgb hub directly on port 1 of the CP?

will then, so, icue reveal either the commander pro and the rgb hub?

Yes, connect the RGB hub from the ML-RGB multi-pack to either ch 1 or ch 2 on the Commander. In CUE, you will address the lighting from the Commander Pro page. The RGB Lighting Hubs do not show in CUE. They provide power but the controller and communication is through the Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, etc. This is different than a Lighting Node Core that is both RGB Hub and controller in the small box and thus shows up in CUE as a device.

Yes, connect the RGB hub from the ML-RGB multi-pack to either ch 1 or ch 2 on the Commander. In CUE, you will address the lighting from the Commander Pro page. The RGB Lighting Hubs do not show in CUE. They provide power but the controller and communication is through the Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, etc. This is different than a Lighting Node Core that is both RGB Hub and controller in the small box and thus shows up in CUE as a device.

So the same process i could make if i decide to buy another type of fan...I make the example:

I returned all lighting stuff to amazon, due to problems/defects.

So, to be clear also to myself, if i want to put fans on front of my Corsair 4000D I have to install:

1. Commander Pro( for controlling fans' speed

2. something to manage rgb on fans

2.1 I'm thinking to buy LL120 kit, but there's LNP and RGB HUB, i will not use LNP and connect the 3wire led cable from RGB HUB to CP, right?

3. I have also a RGB PSU from corsair that in fact contains a SP120RGB like fan, with 8 leds (but LL120 have 16"). where i can put then the 4wire rgb cable from my psu? tio another rgb hub and then on the 2nd led port of CP ??

Feel free to enlight me :D

1. Yes, Commander Pro for speed control.

2. For the LL you connect fans to RGB Hub, then RGB hub to Commander Pro RGB channel 1. LNP is saved for another time and use.

3. Several options on the PSU fan RGB. First is to use the LNP and RGB hub to create a new control device for the PSU fan. This is two powered components for one fan. I would not recommend it in this instance.

Second option is to use the MB RGB connector to put the psu lighting into your mb RGB control. This might make sense if the PSU has more visibility with the MB compared to the front fans and you have decent MB control options.

Third option is you connect it to the RGB hub with the three LL fans. It must be #4. In CUE you set this up as LL fans x 4. However, when you apply lighting effects you have the option to only apply them to the front 3 while making a different pattern for the PSU fan. This will be important if using special LL effects like Pong. For standard presents like spiral rainbow, it will make no difference. You can get away with mixing fan types when there is only one odd fan type and it goes at the end of the chain. This is the option I recommend you start with.

You can do that if you wish and that is the official guideline of 1 fan type per channel. However, in this case the PSU fan is mostly ambient lighting and not a direct show piece. You won't be programming elaborate sequenced effects for it and even if you do, that can still be done for "fan #4". It does not need it's own power source and there is not a real control benefit.

You can do that if you wish and that is the official guideline of 1 fan type per channel. However, in this case the PSU fan is mostly ambient lighting and not a direct show piece. You won't be programming elaborate sequenced effects for it and even if you do, that can still be done for "fan #4". It does not need it's own power source and there is not a real control benefit.

Ah ok, so then..... i could disable by the PSU button and leave it off, for instance...

You can set rainbow pong heartbeat pulse whatever for LL fans 1-3. Then create a new effect only applied to fan 4. You can control not only each fan separately, but also each LED. Just because the PSU fan is on the same power/control strip does not mean it must do what fans 1-3 do. Where it gets more complicated is if you have more than 1 odd fan. Then the different LED counts can create gaps in the lighting sequence (the 8 LEDs not actually displayed but still calculated).