Corsair Community

iCUE causing Steam games to "crash" on startup

Master Farmer

Hi all,

Sometimes when I launch a game, something triggers and it's like the game "hangs"

I have no idea what causes it but it's happening with multiple games. They stop responding on launch and I'm left with a black (sometimes white) screen.

This doesn't happen every time, and it sometimes doesn't even happen until late into the afternoon/evening with me using my PC all day. It seems completely random when it will stop working and almost all of my games will stop responding on launch when it does happen.

I've done everything anybody has recommended on forum posts to no avail, including uninstalling iCUE, updating drivers, clearing Steam's download cache.

After constant testing over the last few weeks, I have found it only happens when iCUE is installed and running, even if I save my profiles to the hardware and run it without iCUE. Which makes me think it's potentially drivers conflicting with each other?

I did find some very old posts on this very forum complaining of very similar to identical issues, yet they were never given a fix. Corsair have said it's a Steam issue, Steam are telling me it's a Corsair issue.

Any help would be appreciated, I've been struggling with this issue for around 2-3 years now and I can't seem to find anything.

• Corsair Employees
After constant testing over the last few weeks, I have found it only happens when iCUE is installed and running, even if I save my profiles to the hardware and run it without iCUE. Which makes me think it's potentially drivers conflicting with each other?

In your own words you aren't even sure what is causing the crashes. The fact that you stated that the crashes happen even without iCUE running shows your issue is something else and is not related to the iCUE software.

In your own words you aren't even sure what is causing the crashes. The fact that you stated that the crashes happen even without iCUE running shows your issue is something else and is not related to the iCUE software.

Can you read? Or did you get stuck halfway through the post?

I very clearly stated that I'm not sure what's causing the crashes, though I know it's something to do with iCUE.

You do not need iCUE actively running in the background to use profiles that are saved to the hardware. However, since you apparently need this explained to you: it still means Corsair drivers are still running.

It absolutely is related to iCUE due to the fact that when I uninstall it and remove any saved onboard profiles, the problem stops.

So if iCUE is completely uninstalled and it suddenly fixes the issue, what do you think that would tell a reasonable person?

Edited by Master Farmer
Further clarification since it's apparently needed

Looks like help isn't offered on this forum. No request to see anything, much less a Corsair employee that's remotely interested in helping. That's concerning.

Looks like I'll continue to use my Ducky peripherals and throw all of my corsair ones away. The track record of this forum continues.

Thanks for nothing.

If you've completely uninstalled ICUE and it still happens then chances are it isn't ICUE. I believe the hardware profiles actually run on the hardware itself and don't interact with ICUE. I can take my Corsair keyboard and plug it into a powered hub and it will stay on and run the hardware profile even if the system is off.

Hi all,

Sometimes when I launch a game, something triggers and it's like the game "hangs"

I have no idea what causes it but it's happening with multiple games. They stop responding on launch and I'm left with a black (sometimes white) screen.

This doesn't happen every time, and it sometimes doesn't even happen until late into the afternoon/evening with me using my PC all day. It seems completely random when it will stop working and almost all of my games will stop responding on launch when it does happen.

I've done everything anybody has recommended on forum posts to no avail, including uninstalling iCUE, updating drivers, clearing Steam's download cache.

I did find some very old posts on this very forum complaining of very similar to identical issues, yet they were never given a fix. Corsair have said it's a Steam issue, Steam are telling me it's a Corsair issue.

Any help would be appreciated, I've been struggling with this issue for around 2-3 years now and I can't seem to find anything.

Well well well.....

...first of all please take a moment for breathe...

...then you have to analyze the situation you have.

1. corsair software

2. hardware drivers

3. windows

something gone wrong and you haveno clear idea of where's the problem.

So, uninstalling MAY NOT solve the problem... ok you've uninstalled icue.

Then, you uninstsalled and updated drivers and problem still there? is not the drivers.... is the rest of the sodtware.... or maybe hardware.

I give you my example... it took about one week to understand that getting rid of my asus motherboard illumination could have wipe out all icue issues.... especially with rgb ram.... and it took two days to discover that the version i used of TrueImage would cause icue crashes.... so i have to make two clean installs to solve all... (well all data was backed up).

So, i don't know how may software you have in your system, but at this point you may have to proceed to a clean install, install drivers, make a complete windows update to the latest and THEN for FIRST, install iCue.

At that point (when you will have restored Steam games), you'll find IF iCue is crashing again....

.... give it a try.

My opinion, is from a normal user as me..... i'm not a Corsair employee.

Let me know if you can get out of your messy situation.