Corsair Community

My "Financial Mistake" build

Let me start off by saying I have sank a good bit of bills into Corsair products. I was in love. The love has turned into intense hate. Corsair is a garbage line and I regret centering my build around their subpar products. All of my corsair items have defected at least once, scratch the case at least. Let's break it down! Below you'll see my mouse, to start with. Sleek looking mouse. The Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE. Performance is honestly great. WHEN IT WORKS. I have returned three already, all for similar issues all relating to the USB wireless dongle malfunctioning, rendering it's wireless capabilities nonfunctional. I have to return this one as well as it had the same issue as the last one. Corsair quality people. Next you can see my mouse pad. Snazzy right? And with a USB port it has came in handy a lot for all my needs. Only complaint here is the LEDs on one corner stopped working after about five months. Other than that issue it works great. Next, let's go to my (dusty, I hate the desert) keyboard. The K55 RGB. I got this instead of their top line keyboard for the G1-G6 keys. But this keyboard is awful. The keys don't respond well, and even had a phase where if I used them, they PASTED MY PASSWORD AND EMAIL into whatever game text chat was available instead of doing my keybinds. This made 0 sense to me. Absolutely awful. How would the key even bind to this? Next, my Corsair Crystal 280X MicroATX case. Functions great. Best Corsair product I have. No complaints. Air flow is good. But oh-ho boy. Let's discuss my RGB LL120 fans and the hub. Garbage. Absolute trash. Nonresponsive. The app crashes, and the hub, same issue. On my second one. And this one isn't working either so when I return this mouse, the hub is going too. The liquid cooler though, the H100i RGB Platinum, is pretty decent. The thermal paste that came with it wore off in a year and needed replacement which is fine I guess. But performance is noticeable for sure. The RAM works well enough. I also have a Corsair Void Pro headset. I love the headset though.

But in summary? I'll never buy another Corsair product again. High cost for malfunctioning products I need to return again and again. RGB functionality isn't good at all. Products get out of sync, and the iCue app is garbage. Overall I regret buying Corsair. Next build will be anything besides Corsair. This ranks higher than dating my ex girlfriend in highschool and that says something man. Never again.

1751182177_image0(1).thumb.jpg.0cf2db2d4bd1fc863e99744caa6d1a20.jpg

image0.thumb.jpg.0f7542469ad7010f88398aeb603bc8a5.jpg

1491436849_image0(2).thumb.jpg.0be5e6fc673c39e7a4f01d3fd3eaf9ca.jpg

Edited by Funleader

I got disappointed with my k70 rgb. After a year and a half keys started to have issues like registering twice or not registering at all. In some rare circumstances when you hold the key it start to work like you are tapping the key REALLY fast instead of holding. Happen at last once a week.

And leds started to die slowly after 7 months.

Never dropped any liquid on the kb nor any major impact.

But all my others products (mice and headset) worked flawless so far

• Corsair Employees
Let me start off by saying I have sank a good bit of bills into Corsair products. I was in love. The love has turned into intense hate. Corsair is a garbage line and I regret centering my build around their subpar products. All of my corsair items have defected at least once, scratch the case at least. Let's break it down! Below you'll see my mouse, to start with. Sleek looking mouse. The Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE. Performance is honestly great. WHEN IT WORKS. I have returned three already, all for similar issues all relating to the USB wireless dongle malfunctioning, rendering it's wireless capabilities nonfunctional. I have to return this one as well as it had the same issue as the last one. Corsair quality people. Next you can see my mouse pad. Snazzy right? And with a USB port it has came in handy a lot for all my needs. Only complaint here is the LEDs on one corner stopped working after about five months. Other than that issue it works great. Next, let's go to my (dusty, I hate the desert) keyboard. The K55 RGB. I got this instead of their top line keyboard for the G1-G6 keys. But this keyboard is awful. The keys don't respond well, and even had a phase where if I used them, they PASTED MY PASSWORD AND EMAIL into whatever game text chat was available instead of doing my keybinds. This made 0 sense to me. Absolutely awful. How would the key even bind to this? Next, my Corsair Crystal 280X MicroATX case. Functions great. Best Corsair product I have. No complaints. Air flow is good. But oh-ho boy. Let's discuss my RGB LL120 fans and the hub. Garbage. Absolute trash. Nonresponsive. The app crashes, and the hub, same issue. On my second one. And this one isn't working either so when I return this mouse, the hub is going too. The liquid cooler though, the H100i RGB Platinum, is pretty decent. The thermal paste that came with it wore off in a year and needed replacement which is fine I guess. But performance is noticeable for sure. The RAM works well enough. I also have a Corsair Void Pro headset. I love the headset though.

But in summary? I'll never buy another Corsair product again. High cost for malfunctioning products I need to return again and again. RGB functionality isn't good at all. Products get out of sync, and the iCue app is garbage. Overall I regret buying Corsair. Next build will be anything besides Corsair. This ranks higher than dating my ex girlfriend in highschool and that says something man. Never again.

Thanks for reaching out to us, it seems like you have a lot going on with your build. If you haven't do so already, best way to get troubleshooting is to reach out to our Technical Support team, and they can walk you through a variety of steps. You can either call in or submit a ticket through the following portal:

https://support.corsair.com/

Toll Free (USA & Canada Only): +1 888-222-4346

Mon - Fri 7AM - 5PM PT

Which version of iCUE do you currently have installed?

Some troubleshooting steps I would try with the Dark Core Pro:

• Connect the wireless dongle directly to the back of the motherboard
  • Move any other wireless devices away from the dongle
  • Perform a force firmware update in the settings tab of iCUE
  • Try pairing the mouse to the dongle again
  • Verify the dongle is detected by the PC (Dongle FW version should be listed in settings)
  • Try connecting it to a different PC/Laptop to make sure it's not system specific

Based on the picture you supplied, it looks like you have an MM800 Mouse Mat. Try setting the RGB color for all the zones to only Red, then Green, then Blue. If one of the colors doesn't show, it might be a bad LED. You would need to have the pad replaced through our RMA service in the link I provided above.

For your K55, I'd recommend performing a FW update. We just released a new firmware update that should improve the behavior of the device. You'll also need to perform some additional steps to reset the keyboard as well. You can view all the instructions in this link: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=205520

We'll need some additional clarification as to what you are describing for the hub. Do you have a Commander Pro which controls LEDs and fan speed? Lighting Node Pro which controls just LED's? Or the actual RGB hub which has 6 LED ports and connects to either a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro?

Additionally I would also HIGHLY RECOMMEND properly attaching your M.2 drive. Based on the picture you supplied, it's not properly attached, and could connection/stability issues for your system, or permanently damage the drive.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41061&stc=1&d=1619126828

1706627057_m2missingscrew.thumb.png.6fa1c17906e9e9223e186cc470955b45.png