Corsair Community

Corsair no longer honoring warranty on PSU?

I have an ax1200i that supposedly has a 10 year warranty.

It died on me a few days ago after about 2 years.

I called customer support and set up an rma ticket and today received this email in response -

Hello Chirs,

Thank you for providing that information. I looked into whether or not we have any AX1200i PSUs and we currently do not have that PSU in stock at this time.

I also went ahead and checked if we had any alternatives that we can offer, and unfortunately we are also out of stock on those power supplies as well.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I cannot provide you with a replacement at this time. We also do not have an estimated time for Restock of these items.

Thank you for choosing Corsair.

Dont have any of your psu, dont have any other PSU's, will not be replacing. Do not have estimated time for restock.

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING CORSAIR -

I have a paper weight for a computer now because I don't have a PSU.

Just eat the 400$ I spent on this PSU and go out and buy another one is corsairs answer.

I called customer support and set up an rma ticket and today received this email in response -

Hello Chirs,

Thank you for providing that information. I looked into whether or not we have any AX1200i PSUs and we currently do not have that PSU in stock at this time.

I also went ahead and checked if we had any alternatives that we can offer, and unfortunately we are also out of stock on those power supplies as well.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I cannot provide you with a replacement at this time. We also do not have an estimated time for Restock of these items.

Dont have any of your psu, dont have any other PSU's, will not be replacing. Do not have estimated time for restock.

Just eat the 400$ I spent on this PSU and go out and buy another one is corsairs answer.

Hello Chirs,

I'm in a similar boat, my AX1200i is less then a year old, couple months ago my PC started powering off. opened a ticket with support, they told me they don't have any devices to replace with. Then I sent an email to sales, who couldn't even bother to respond, I get another email from support. We can offer you a different unit, but we don't have those in stock and no idea when. Then I emailed them again and not even a reply.

At the time I also bought RAM for a Sim Racing computer I was building. Honestly I don't need 1200 watts, but I learned to appreciate the fact that my PC was silent except for maybe 30 seconds when F1 2020 started.

After this experience I would never buy another Corsair product. It's a joke that they are unable to service their own equipment and just leave the customer hanging like this. I get a little solace knowing I'm not alone. Sorry dude.

The same happened to me. RMA #2003878405 was closed after 3 months, before it was "solved" they replied me:

We will look for an alternative resolution we can offer.

Thank you.

I have no clue what i should do. will have to take legal actions to get my money or a working psu back. that 10 or 7 year warranty is useless if you cant provide enough replacement devices.

the response time of the support is bad too.

I think people need to sit back & rethink what is going on in the world before condemning Corsair or any other computer parts manufacturer.

Many parts of the world are in pandemic lockdown. USA is no exception. Many companies have their workers doing work at home taking phone calls to assist customers but their main company building is still in lockdown so repairs & manufacturing is still at a halt till the pandemic lockdown restrictions are lifted.

Corsair & other companies are NOT going to take receipt of your defective unit until they can actually have someone in their repair shop work on it. Add to the fact that crypto miners have caused a world-wide shortage of semiconductor parts & no company wants to take a product in for repair that *may* need parts to fix it that are unavailable world-wide at the moment.

Currently high end GPUs, high end PSUs, HDDs/SSDs, memory are all in short supply thanks to crypto miners & supply issues most likely will not be resolved until 2023/2025 if even that early :o)

My AX1200I power supply has applied for after-sales service due to quality problems, request number 2004222883, I am very dissatisfied with Corsair after-sales processing method, as the AX1200I power supply with a warranty period of 10 years, it has been less than 10 years since it was launched, and now it is discontinued as the reason , Give me a replacement for HX1200I, or a depreciation refund of US$117.17. HX1200I is lower than AX1200I in terms of product level, performance and price, and a depreciation refund of US$117.17. I cannot buy any brand of power with the same level of performance. Corsair handles after-sales issues in this way. In the future, any product will be replaced with low-grade products or depreciation refunds on the grounds of discontinuation. Corsair does not care about the loss of consumers. Then I am very disappointed with Corsair because of the quality of Corsair’s products Poor, and the after-sales service is even worse

Well, given that the HX1200i is overall much better (newer), and with the same efficiency rating (only the AX1600i is rated titanium), i'd totally take it. you don't lose in product performance, and you can even get rid of that pesky USB dongle to wire direct through USB.

Their only options at ~1200W are the HX1200 or HXi1200. They obviously can't offer an AX1600i that's like 560$ MSRP

Given how expensive PSUs are right now, and how all models over 700+ watts are out of stock everywhere or at ridiculously high prices, the HX1200i would be a better choice over the refund, in my opinion.

My AX1200I power supply has applied for after-sales service due to quality problems, request number 2004222883, I am very dissatisfied with Corsair after-sales processing method, as the AX1200I power supply with a warranty period of 10 years, it has been less than 10 years since it was launched, and now it is discontinued as the reason , Give me a replacement for HX1200I, or a depreciation refund of US$117.17. HX1200I is lower than AX1200I in terms of product level, performance and price, and a depreciation refund of US$117.17. I cannot buy any brand of power with the same level of performance. Corsair handles after-sales issues in this way. In the future, any product will be replaced with low-grade products or depreciation refunds on the grounds of discontinuation. Corsair does not care about the loss of consumers. Then I am very disappointed with Corsair because of the quality of Corsair’s products Poor, and the after-sales service is even worse

• Corsair Employees
Thank you for the feedback everyone. While I am unable to provide any updates on your own respective tickets, however I have escalated your feedback within the Customer Support team, and should hopefully get you some updates to your tickets. As soon as I or anyone else has additional information we can provide, we'll go ahead and respond back.

I can't even get these clowns to send me a 24 PIN cable, so I can test before returning a 10 month old AX1200i. They claim it's on it's way, to where is the 64k question.