Corsair Community

Icue Help

Matt_West_Mids

Hi All,

I've recently purchased a pre-built computer with the following:

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow White

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Capellix Black

I believe the H100i Capellix comes with a Commander Core.

I am wondering what else I will need to run 4 more cases fans = 3 in front as intake and 1 on rear as an exhaust.

I was going to buy a three pack with a lighting node plus 1 fan on its after researching is there anything I need?

Also which type of fans do I need I've read somewhere they have to match the 8 led fans on the cooler so they will all sync and work with icue.

Thanks for any help in advance! :)

The Commander Core is a PWM only controller. Whatever fans you choose, make sure they are PWM if you want speed control. Most Corsair RGB fans are PWM, but the SP-RGB and SP-Pro are DC 3 pin and will be stuck at maximum speed.

Lighting effects and presets work a lot better when the fans have the same number of LEDs and especially the same physical LED geometry. It is possible to use other fans types on the Com-Core, but a fan with outer ring LEDs will always look a bit strange when paired with another with fewer inner ring LEDs and requires a higher skill level (or more work) to make viable patterns. The perfect match for your ML-Elite fans from the Capellix is the SP-Elite that is both PWM and 8 center hub LEDs, just like the ML-Elite.

The Commander Core is a PWM only controller. Whatever fans you choose, make sure they are PWM if you want speed control. Most Corsair RGB fans are PWM, but the SP-RGB and SP-Pro are DC 3 pin and will be stuck at maximum speed.

Lighting effects and presets work a lot better when the fans have the same number of LEDs and especially the same physical LED geometry. It is possible to use other fans types on the Com-Core, but a fan with outer ring LEDs will always look a bit strange when paired with another with fewer inner ring LEDs and requires a higher skill level (or more work) to make viable patterns. The perfect match for your ML-Elite fans from the Capellix is the SP-Elite that is both PWM and 8 center hub LEDs, just like the ML-Elite.

Perfect thanks mate I'll take a look for these.

Would i be able to power and control all the fans with the commander core and lighting node? that's 6 fans wasn't sure if I needed a commander pro as well.

Edited by Matt_West_Mids