Corsair Community

K100 Adding Keys To Windows Lock

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to add the escape key to the windows lock function in iCUE for the K100.

One of the games I play uses escape to take you to the menu, but in the middle of playing I find that I am accidentally pressing it. I would like to add it to the lock function, but am not able to find where that needs to be done.

I can see some options in the Performance tab, but there is not an option to add individual keys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think you can do that directly. However, you can disable the ESC key in any given profile. Since it has use in many other applications, you would want a game specific profile for that.

Where it gets more complicated is if you still need ESC at times in game. The way to do that is to create a shadow copy of the game profile. In the original, ESC is functional. In the copy, ESC is disabled and you can add color elements to the ESC or any other key to highlight the current state. You then add in an in profile 1 <-> 2 profile switch on another key you don't use, like scroll lock, numpad +, etc. That is the toggle back to the normal version of the profile with a functional escape key. It sounds overly complex, but it is the same with 1 key to lock/unlock the ESC key.

it's the same concept discussed in this thread, but instead of only setting a lighting difference between the profiles, you will set one with a disabled escape key action. You don't need to worry about the push/press/release on hold stuff. "Disabled" is a specific action choice in the Actions menu and can be assigned.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=205240

• 1 month later...
Thank you for the idea. I will have to look into that. I do need-ish ESC to exit the game or move to a different server, but I can hover and click on an icon to do so. Just not as fast as a keystroke.