Corsair Community

One or two loops?

RailCowGirl

Hello,

I've been searching around for some good advice for custom loops for a dual system in a Obsidian 1000D, but not yet found any good answers for my "challenge".

My mITX system has a Core I9-10850K where I use the intel graphics card since the Elgato capture card is in the only PCI-slot available.

The main system is a Threadripper with a mono block for chipset and CPU and will have the GPU (ROG STRIX 3090 OC) as well.

There will be three radiators 2x 480mm and 1x 420mm.

So what would be the best solution? To use two rads on the two CPU's and the monoblock and put the GPU on it's own loop? Any good ideas?

if the i9 only does capture job, you'd be fine using the TR and i9 on a single rad. The 3090 will be the hottest part of all and will benefit more of being cooled by two rads.

Now dual loop is not exactly a necessity either. It mostly looks wicked.

If you add a second 3090, then yea you may see some advantages in going dual loop, to avoid dumping 800W of heat into your threadripper.

Since you mostly have two hot components (TR and 3090), you could do a parallel loop, to avoid dumping the heat of one into the other.

What i have in mind would be pump out to i9 and 3090, I9 to TR (since the i9 won't heat up the water much anyways), TR and 3090 back to the 3 rads in series > pump in.

For dual loop, i'd leave two rads to the 3090, and one for both CPUs.

No idea what would be the best solution tho :) just my mad ramblings. If you have the means to get some soft tubing and fittings, you could install everything and test various loop settings, and see how they perform, then hard tube the one you prefer and that works best with how you use your dual system.

I often mention parallel loops because people forget they are a thing ^^ usually it's serial or dual, but parallel is still viable when you chain two high TDP components, and like dual loops it looks good, all these tubes linking waterblocks, i personally love it :)

I often mention parallel loops because people forget they are a thing ^^ usually it's serial or dual, but parallel is still viable when you chain two high TDP components, and like dual loops it looks good, all these tubes linking waterblocks, i personally love it :)

You and me both! d☺️🤤🤤🤤