Corsair Community

Looking to buy new memory please help?

sdmf74

So I was considering trying to find a decent kit of dominators despite them being

Ridiculously overpriced (thats another issue but)

Why is it that the latency on all dominator kits sucks bigtime!?

I'm looking to upgrade my g skill trident z rgb 4x8gb 3600 c16 kit

Which is currently running at 4000mhz 18 20 20 40.

I'm considering getting the XIII Z590 Apex motherboard & need a

2x16gb kit of ram

But all I'm seeing is like 3200mhz cas 16 or cas 18 kits ffs!

Thats awful. If you guys are gonna charge a premium at least offer

Some decent timings.

Can somebody explain to me whats going on here?

Or I guess If I sell my current kit I'll have to buy another g skill kit.

Edited by sdmf74

why would you even change your G.Skilll? thats a good bin and chances are you probably won't be able to run more than 3733 in gear 1 anyways. you're better off performance wise to go for something like this here

edit: oh - i didn't read you're running a 4x8. you might just as well go with the M13 Hero then tho. literally no difference in daily usage.

1618510429435.thumb.png.044cb46d79294689de654b58683427ca.png

Yep cant run quad dimm on Apex. I am actually thinking about getting the 13 Hero since I finally was able to buy an 11900k well and since Asus Still hasn't released the Apex despite saying it would be available the first week of April.

Is that your kit in the screenshot? Running a 4000 c16 kit at 3733 14 15 it looks like, Nice! How did you get your hands on a z590 Apex? Oh and what voltage are you running that mem oc at?

I was actually considering upgrading to that kit (4000 c16 g skill). Maybe I'll wait & see how mine overclocks on Z590 since I'm running z270 currently.

Still no idea whats up with the crappy bins on the dominator? I kinda like the aesthetics (just not the price or the bins).

yes thats mine. running 1,55/1,35/1,58 VDimm/IO/SA

You can already buy the Apex, at least in Europe. I've had it since easter.

Trying to run this in Gear 2 you'd have to have at least 4400MHz an then there's still the latency issue. From what I've seen so far latency beats frequency in that range. Once you get to 5000 and beyond, it's somehwat worth it. But judging from my own testing, you ain't gonna go there with Samsung b-die. You need DJR or rev.B for that. Got my 4000C16 2x16GB Crucial kit to run at 5333C19 with 1.6V but I haven't managed to get it stable yet.

I ask myself the same question, I prepare an Intel configuration with Z490 or Z590.

I have a favorite on the aesthetic appearance but I do not understand the price and latencies as bad.

Will XMP work miracles? Overclocking manually will give 100% certain performance?

3200c16 will hold without a problem 3600C16 or 3200C14? Intel seems to limit a 3200

I also saw a lot of different reference with just one letter a C instead of an e or a b or a z that changes for exactly the same performances that it means?

On the corsair site I find no information about that.

Can be following the Samsung chipset letter, B die, ... and so not the same overclocking?

In short, it's the total blur and keeping I discovered RGB problems, HS LEDs, a reference corrects it may be that but I doubt.

The standby problems with LED remaining on, software conflict ... I'm going to be sure to take MSI so Mystic Light.

Between this and the impossibility of finding 3200c14 with totally crazy prices in France I do not know what to think and I'm lost.

I don't know about the 11th gen, but 10th works fine with 3600 C16 without tweaking timings. The CPU spec is 2933 for 10th gen and 3200 for 11th, but XMP is an overclock, so the spec is kind of irrelevant.

From my very limited testing, i would always go for frequency over latency, at least for gaming. 3600 C16 is easier to find than C14 sticks of any speeds usually.

But still, it's somewhat of a limited boost. you may gain a couple FPS here and there, and a better score to show off on 3Dmark ;)

Spec is never irrelevant lol. Companies like Corsair are making millions of dollars by upcharging for higher specs & when overclocking specs are exactly whats important. How much of an increase in fps or decrease in latency is irrelevant, each system is different and the requirements & expectations for each user is different

• 1 month later...
yes thats mine. running 1,55/1,35/1,58 VDimm/IO/SA

You can already buy the Apex, at least in Europe. I've had it since easter.

Trying to run this in Gear 2 you'd have to have at least 4400MHz an then there's still the latency issue. From what I've seen so far latency beats frequency in that range. Once you get to 5000 and beyond, it's somehwat worth it. But judging from my own testing, you ain't gonna go there with Samsung b-die. You need DJR or rev.B for that. Got my 4000C16 2x16GB Crucial kit to run at 5333C19 with 1.6V but I haven't managed to get it stable yet.

Holy crap 1.58v system agent? Is that your 24/7 OC?

I heard that RL handles a higher voltage than CL but hadn't heard anything

About max safe limit on IO/SA voltages?

I haven't had time to Overclock my memory yet cause my Kingpin just died

And I've been trying to find a new 3080 I can waterblock (unsuccessfully of course)

And doing other things but what is the highest frequency & best timings that

Rocket lake can achieve in gear 1?

My IMC seems to be pretty bad, can't even run 3866 gear 1. I've stepped it down now to 3600C12 because I don't like the SA voltage either. Now running with 1,38V. Most people run something along the lines of 3600C12/3733C13-14/3866C14-15. you would be very lucky to get beyond 3866.

best bet on RAM sticks would be F4-4000C14D-32Gxxx if you're looking for DR Samsung B-die.

Edited by Infin1tum

Yeah if you can find 4000 c14. Thanks for the info! I hope to have better luck when I overclock my kit on z590, Im still currently trying to find a gpu to replace mine that just died, not having any luck.