Corsair Community

CORSAIR ONE a200

Queeg

Looks like they've come through with a 3080 version. I'm in...

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-ONE/CORSAIR-ONE-Compact-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9020021-NA#tab-tech-specs

Looks like they will have both an AMD and an Intel CPU version. Decisions....

I'll wait on some reviews, but this is great news.

Edited by Queeg

Here we go again!!! I am surprised though that they are using a B550 instead of a X570 motherboard for AMD. The intel variant seems to be using a Z490 still. I wonder if they will update it to a Z590. And also for the AMD variant I hope the riser cable supports PCIe gen 4. We'll see how these ones go but I am excited!!!

Wow, nice to see Corsair One is still alive. Already upgraded my OG C1 with a 3070. Will be holding out for Intel's Alder Lake CPU with their newer 7nm and faster DDR5 memory support later this year.

Interesting that the AMD version comes with Windows Home while the Intel variant comes with Windows Pro.

Great Job C1 Team!

• 2 weeks later...
Been looking for ways to upgrade my OG C1 for months, seeing so many successful stories here including zguy in the replies. But I really want a liquid cool 3080, if only Corsair would sell upgrade kits to certified C1 buyers. That way Corsair still gets to profit some while maintaining us loyal C1 fans, it’s a win win!

Using HDMI2.0 extensions, a PCIE Gen3 Riser cable, and a bottom tier b550 motherboard in a system that costs $3800 is quite frankly Unacceptable.

Due to this and the horrendous customer experience I've had over the past year of owning an a100, I have decided I no longer want to purchase a computer from Corsair. I have canceled my order of the a200.

I suggest anyone reading this does the same before it ships.

PCIE GEN4 may not be needed right now, but DirectStorage will be coming to games soon and WILL need gen4 to reach it's full potential. The a200 is crippled in this regard. Even if you replace the riser cable, the motherboard itself has a Gen3 link from the chipset to the CPU and only one Gen4 NVME slot.

So they validated that the PCIE Cables were Gen4... but they went with a motherboard that only has one Gen4 NVME slot and didn't bother to update / validate that the HDMI extensions could handle 2.1?

For an extra $50 this system could've had two Gen4 NVME and a much better motherboard.