Corsair Community

Bad memory?

Mort

I have had a gb (2 x 512) of XMS 3200 Corsair memory for a little over a year now. I recently purchased some more (1gb sticks) Corsair memory, and I put the older memory in my kids PC. Upon powering up the PC, diagnostic tests (LED's) show the modue to be bad. I removed the module, and the PC powers up as it's supposed to.

I purchased the memory from Newegg, and I just need to know what my options are. Thanks in advance.

Did you put both sticks in your kids PC or just one stick?

If you only put in one stick, did you mix it with other RAM?

You would need to list the specs of you kids PC:

Make and model of MOBO, CPU and FSB and the BIOS setting for the RAM and

CPU.

I suspect that the RAM is still good. There is probably a compatability issue with the system you put it in.

I put 1 stick of 512 into DIMM slot 1, and it works fine. I remove that one, put the other stick of 512 in the same DIMM slot, and the computer will not boot. That tells me that I have a bad stick of RAM.

This same memory worked fine in the previous PC. All required precautions were taken when removing/installing.

What are my options? Thanks again.

• Corsair Employees
I would test it back in the other sysytem to be sure. But I have no problem replacing them as well. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived