Corsair Community

iCUE SP120 RGB Setup lightning setup problem

rylek90

Hi,

I have a problem setting up six SP120 fans connected to my setup via lightning node core.

All fans are connected properly and are detected in iCue software. Although when I want to setup each led (on each fan) separately software seems to detect it quite randomly.

See following screenshot, according to this on each fan one led should be lighten up with matching color. Instead all of these are combined on first three fans while other three remain dark.

I've tried all different lightning setups, nothing seems to match my needs. What am I doing wrong?

One more, strange thing. When I enable debug log it says that I have 7 devices (34 sens.)...

1.thumb.PNG.b6d3a6eb09aab9fe6f2a58cb8795441d.PNG

Edited by rylek90

What exactly do you mean because that screenshot doesn't show a single issue.

According to this screenshot all six of my fans should have one LED turned on, right?

1 fan - red

2 fan - yellow

3 fan - green

Instead three of my fans has lights as following:

1 fan - red and yellow

2 fan - green and blue

3 fan - purple and this last one

It seems like software distributes lights on first three fans only.

No, the lighting setup page will show you whatever you tell it. If you tell CUE you have QL x 6, it will show you 6 double sided 34 LED fans even if you really have 2 ML-RGB with 4 LEDs.

Your lighting setup is designated as SP-Pro/Elite x 6. That’s an 8 LED fan, but in your original post you stated you have the SP-RGB — an older 4 LED fan. Which fan do you actually have?

Although I thought I have SP120 Pro, I just now looked at these and (judging by serial number) these are https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/ml-config/p/CO-9050072-WW

Anyway, now when I set lightning setup to LL RGB Series it still doesn't match. I have it set up like in attached image. All outer rings should be green. Instead of it 3 fans have outer rings lighten up, 3 other random (inner or outer)

2.thumb.PNG.b884c820cf8fe71dbc31f94bf0f422db.PNG

Edited by rylek90

It would help if you provided some pictures of your actual fans.

What do you mean? Should I take out one fan and take the picture? Or setup something and take the picture of pattern?

Attaching picture of actual fan.

Edit: Now here when it comes to setup (from right bottom, counter-clockwise 1-6). LED Port #6 is completely ignored (nothing happens when I change something in there).

You can clearly see that ie. one of border LED in last fan (the single one on the left) doesn't work. Both upper lights are controlled by LED Port #4. 1-3 ports work ok

I don't know... perhaps I have connected something wrong. I'm using Corsair iCURE 465X case with built-in (I think) lighting node core

3.thumb.PNG.d9aa669fad8f58097aa53176fefaab5d.PNG

4.thumb.PNG.0a418232bb5517fbb05394d9721a4e38.PNG

5.thumb.jpg.6fc41ca44670463781a69ce947ec93c7.jpg

Edited by rylek90

• Corsair Employees
So what I can see here is that you are mixing LL fans with what appears to be SP RGB Pro/Elite fan series though I can't confirm the exact fan without seeing a picture of the sticker on the backside. Either way, you will not be able to mix those two fans on the same Lighting Node Core as they have completely different LED counts.

So what I can see here is that you are mixing LL fans with what appears to be SP RGB Pro/Elite fan series though I can't confirm the exact fan without seeing a picture of the sticker on the backside. Either way, you will not be able to mix those two fans on the same Lighting Node Core as they have completely different LED counts.

Oh, it looks like my bad! Thank you! I will try to work my way out of it somehow. Probably by setting the richest possible setup and click through until I find desired solution

Corsair fans have data in, and out on the RGB, so they are managed more or less like LED strips in series.

The effects will repeat, or chain correctly only on fans with the same LED count.

If you do static colors, or breathing/pulsing effects, it doesn't matter.

For cycling effects you'll see some wonkiness when mixing, like part of the first SP fan will display the cycle that will run normally on the LL blade, the rest of the fan and the next fan will show the cycle running on the LL frame, and the last fan will show the same as the first SP..

If you like random it can be cool... otherwise, you will need a second LNcore to have a correct display on the SP fans.

You can also select/unselect which LEDs will be active for any lighting effect by holding Ctrl and clicking LEDs.

This way you could leave the SP on static colors, and layer effects to get the front LL do their RGB magic simultaneously.

There's plenty to experiment with before purchasing an additional controller.