Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR ONE i200 and a200 Compact Gaming PCs

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

NVIDIA's RTX 30 Series, AMD's Ryzen 5000 Series, and Intel's 11th Generation have come to our CORSAIR ONE systems! The tradition continues with immense power in a quiet, minimally sized system. Here’s a few quick highlights:

• Built with our own CORSAIR components - our CORSAIR ONE systems are highly reliable and backed by a two-year warranty with lifetime tech support service.
  • Maintains its cool with patented convection-assisted liquid cooling, achieving maximum performance with silence by voiding excessive fan noise.
  • Your choice of flavor between AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series and 11th Gen Intel® Core™, the latest CPUs capable of seamlessly powering through your games and tasks.

Click the following for more information: i200, a200. We’ve provided a FAQ and quick spec sheet below.

Image 1.png

Q: What PCIe generation is the m.2 SSD?

A: Both systems are equipped with PCIe 4.0 m.2 SSDs.

Q: Are these larger than the previous generation?

A: Nope! While the RTX 30 Series did pose some challenge, our systems engineering team was able to achieve the same dimensions of 200mm x 172.5mm x 380mm.

Image 2.png

Let us know if you guys have any questions or thoughts!

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks guys I have received the a200 but have problems along with many VR users with USB disconnects with B550 boards and others. AMD have now acknowledged a problem with the motherboards. Will Corsair be releasing the patch for AMD AGESA ComboAM4v2 1.2.0.2 for BIOS.

This is a deal breaker for me on a VR headset, still having to use my i160 awaiting a fix for the a200.:sigh!:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-issuing-usb-fix-for-ryzen-chips-bios-patch-coming-in-early-april

I am looking to purchase the new CORSAIR ONE PRO a200 and had some questions that I wanted to get clarified by corsair engineer or staff.

1. The system comes with an RTX3080 which is capable of putting out 3 DP1.4 and 1 HDMI 2.1. I know the system uses extension cables to route to the back of the case. Are those cables also DP1.4 and HDMI 2.1 compliant? If not, what are they rated for?

2. The GPU is mounted in a sandwiched configuration with the motherboard. The connection for PCIE is made with a riser cable. Is that riser cable PCIE GEN 4.0 compliant? AKA, does it allow for the max 16 GT/s of bandwidth per lane. Also does it support direct access memory? If not, what is it rated for, and is there a plan to provide an upgrade kit?

3. We know that the motherboard used is an ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX. I assume based on historical information, Corsair has compiled their own variant of the motherboard BIOS. How long will Corsair be supporting and providing latest / up to date BIOS fixes?

4. As a follow up to the previous question, is it possible to flash the BIOS with the variant from ASRock?

Please answer these questions as they will influence my purchase.

Another question that should be answered: Will Corsair provided parts / repair services for this machine out of warranty. (The answer is No, but getting an official word from Corsair would be nice.)

I'm going to suggest that you just walk away from this one. I have owned a CorsairONE a100 for almost a year now, and it has been a horrendous experience. As beautiful as this machine is, it is overpriced and not worth the headaches. Also... don't hold your breath on this thread, Corsair employees don't comment on threads here very often... and they avoid threads like this one.

TLDR; Corsair's 'Award winning support' was a participation award. They don't have competent support, and they aren't provided with the tools that they need to support the customer.

About a month after I got the machine it started indicating that it was overheating. Looking at the cooling logs, I found that iCUE was setting a 0% fan curve when using the default profile. This appeared to be caused by USB timeouts / disconnects. I had 3 profiles to choose from (Default, Extreme, Fixed) and they don't allow me to add my own custom curve. I opened a support ticket. I had to wait several days between replies and the person on the other end didn't seem competent at all. He was telling me to

1) Reset the BIOS with a button that doesn't exist

2) My computer was overheating because it was summer time

3) My computer was fine to run at 90c as long as I wasn't getting BSOD

4) I wasn't allowed to set a custom fan curve because of warranty reasons

When I finally got him to understand that it was a bug with iCUE, he replied with

I will try to ask my superiors if there is anything they can do or if there was a change in the iCue software.

The issue was marked as solved even though my issue was never actually resolved. The cooler / RGB in this case is part of the Platinum family of coolers which has had issues like this for years Thread

I ended up uninstalling iCUE and connecting my fan to the motherboard header. I had to run the fan at 100% to ensure that the GPU was adequately cooled.

Fast forward a few months and the AMD USB Issue came to light. I asked in this Thread if we were going to get a BIOS update for the variant of the motherboard being used. The retail version of the motherboard already had the BIOS update. I also opened another support ticket and the answer was basically 'Probably not, but no one here knows if or when it will happen so keep checking the product page'. Their 'solution' was to RMA the system to fix my USB issues. I told them I needed a computer for work, and they setup an ARMA where they would put a hold on my card and send me a system before I sent them my 'broken' system.

I tried paying for said system with my PayPal credit card. The payment showed as pending, then I got an email from Corsair saying it was canceled. We setup a second transaction and I paid for it with a different credit card. At the same time as this was happening, I was also trying to buy an a200 for that sweet sweet 3080. It took 5 tries to get one of these two transactions to go through. I called my bank, and they said they had approved all of the transactions and fraud prevention hadn't blocked any of them.

I'm literally telling them to take my $7000 of my money and they like 'bank declined it nothing we can do'

It is going on two months of me trying to RMA this system. They have been sticking to their guns... the bank declined the transaction. They told me

We would need to create a new ticket for you to process the ARMA. Please do keep in mind that we are only able to process this request one more time for the ARMA. Please ask your bank to see if they can find any issues on their end that might be stopping this transaction.
. Basically, they were going to deny my RMA because I couldn't pay for it. They eventually just said that they weren't going to try to charge my card and I have to send the machine back to them before they would send me a new machine.

Sometime during these two months, while I had an open ticket, a BIOS update had dropped. No one from Corsair felt the need to say 'hey, there was a BIOS update lets see if that will fix your issues'. I have an open support ticket, and I have been bumping my thread for a BIOS update almost every day.

So I update my BIOS and notice that there is a new major version of iCUE. I had issues iCUE 3 and now there was iCUE 4. I thought surely they would've fixed all of these issues with USB that have been plaguing users of the platinum family of coolers for years. I move my fan back to the cooler, install iCUE and all seems good. At least for a few days until I started getting indications that the system was overheating... and found the same log file indicating that it set a flat 0% fan profile... again.

So my options are to find a computer so that I can RMA this one, hope the new one doesn't have this issue (probably will), and then open ANOTHER support ticket that will take months to resolve... and they will probably want to RMA the system again.

Edited by Azureblood2

• Corsair Employee
Another question...

Sorry to hear about your experience, Azureblood2. Please keep working with the agent that's assigned to your ticket and help clear any potential confusion.

I am looking to purchase the new CORSAIR ONE PRO a200 and had some questions that I wanted to get clarified by corsair engineer or staff.

1. The system comes with an RTX3080 which is capable of putting out 3 DP1.4 and 1 HDMI 2.1. I know the system uses extension cables to route to the back of the case. Are those cables also DP1.4 and HDMI 2.1 compliant? If not, what are they rated for?

2. The GPU is mounted in a sandwiched configuration with the motherboard. The connection for PCIE is made with a riser cable. Is that riser cable PCIE GEN 4.0 compliant? AKA, does it allow for the max 16 GT/s of bandwidth per lane. Also does it support direct access memory? If not, what is it rated for, and is there a plan to provide an upgrade kit?

3. We know that the motherboard used is an ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX. I assume based on historical information, Corsair has compiled their own variant of the motherboard BIOS. How long will Corsair be supporting and providing latest / up to date BIOS fixes?

4. As a follow up to the previous question, is it possible to flash the BIOS with the variant from ASRock?

Please answer these questions as they will influence my purchase.

My apologies for the late response - I didn't see your questions when I made a response earlier. Let me know if you require any further clarification!

1. Rear I/O is rated for HDMI 2.0. DisplayPort is an oddball; bandwidth is at 1.2 level, but feature set is at 1.4a level. For reference, I have a 4K 144Hz HDR panel that uses Display Stream Compression and works without issue.

2. The PCIe riser is Gen 4.0 compliant. Direct Access Memory (Resizable BAR) is available in the latest BIOS but disabled by default; a VBIOS update from ASUS and a GeForce driver update are required to enable it on the graphics card side. That said, the feature *is* supported.

3. BIOS updates are done on a conservative cadence. We only update when new specific features (i.e. Resizable BAR) or fixes (security, AGESA USB issue) are added. Updates are done on a minimum of the warranty period (two years), and we’re aggressive about patching in major security updates even for “out of date” products (i.e. the Spectre/Meltdown mitigations for our first generation Corsair Ones.)

4. In the most technical sense, yes, but it does require a command line BIOS update tool and is not supported by warranty.

My apologies for the late response - I didn't see your questions when I made a response earlier. Let me know if you require any further clarification!

1. Rear I/O is rated for HDMI 2.0. DisplayPort is an oddball; bandwidth is at 1.2 level, but feature set is at 1.4a level. For reference, I have a 4K 144Hz HDR panel that uses Display Stream Compression and works without issue.

2. The PCIe riser is Gen 4.0 compliant. Direct Access Memory (Resizable BAR) is available in the latest BIOS but disabled by default; a VBIOS update from ASUS and a GeForce driver update are required to enable it on the graphics card side. That said, the feature *is* supported.

3. BIOS updates are done on a conservative cadence. We only update when new specific features (i.e. Resizable BAR) or fixes (security, AGESA USB issue) are added. Updates are done on a minimum of the warranty period (two years), and we’re aggressive about patching in major security updates even for “out of date” products (i.e. the Spectre/Meltdown mitigations for our first generation Corsair Ones.)

4. In the most technical sense, yes, but it does require a command line BIOS update tool and is not supported by warranty.

1. Wait seriously? A $4400 workstation doesn't even have a Dp1.4 or HDMI 2.1? We have to rely on DSC? The customer is paying for what they think to be a 3080 but you guys hamstring the video card with DP1.2 and HDMI 2.0 bandwidth extension cables? Please tell Corsair will be fixing that!

2. So is the VBIOS available from Asus to download directly or is this some custom variant that needs to come from Corsair? Has the BIOS been updated to allow for the feature to be enabled?

3. Can you PM me the information on the command line BIOS update tool if this isnt something you want to post publicly?

Thanks!

Edited by interested_in_c

Sorry to hear about your experience, Azureblood2. Please keep working with the agent that's assigned to your ticket and help clear any potential confusion.

"Keep working with the agent that's assigned to your ticket". Which one, it seems to change every other day. I got it escalated and the escalation manager introduced herself in an email and then ignored my repeated requests for a status update. I tried to pay for my Advance RMA, and they all kept telling me my bank was denying the charges when the bank was saying they approved the charges. No one is actually helping me resolve my issues, I had to build an entirely new computer in order to be able to RMA this 'broken' one.

Also, You still haven't answered my question:

Will Corsair provide replacement parts / paid repair service for machines that are out of warranty or is this machine a paperweight when the AIO inevitable dies the day after the warranty expires?

I have my own responses to your responses:

1) Corsair put a non-compliant cable extension in these systems, and then REPEATED that with the a200 and HDMI 2.0 / 2.1. If the monitors are going to identify as 1.4a, you can't put a 1.2 rated cable extension in there... This may explain why my LG 27GN950 (4k / 144hz / Gsync) monitor was constantly complaining to me to use the cables that came with the monitor... it was detecting the lower bandwidth. One of the reasons I ended up returning the monitor because of odd behavior...

2) Asus doesn't make the Motherboard in the a200... judging by the pictures in This review, this is clearly an ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax

3) I call complete and total BS on this. In this Thread I clearly asked for a BIOS update. ASUS published 8+ BIOS updates for the retail version of the board that were AGESA related. These AGESA patches affected performance and stability of the platform, and I was told they were not important enough to warrant a BIOS update. For 7 months I was told by multiple corsair employees that there was no BIOS coming because it wasn't a security issue. During that time ASUS published a BIOS fix for the x570 USB issue. I started an RMA process to fix the USB issue, and then a the BIOS update dropped. No one on these forums or on the open support ticket ever notified me of the update.

Edited by Azureblood2

I also have one more question: What is the Power limit on the 3080 in this machine? Is it the full 320W, or did Corsair have to limit that in VBIOS due to the cooling solution?

The a100 cooling solution was struggling with 250W power limit of the 2080ti / 2080 SUPER. I kept my fan at 100% and my GPU coolant temps were regularly at 55c, with a critical temp of 60c. I don't see how it could cool a card that is using 70W more power. If Corsair didn't lower the power limit, how are they accounting for the power increase?

I have my own responses to your responses:

1) Corsair put a non-compliant cable extension in these systems, and then REPEATED that with the a200 and HDMI 2.0 / 2.1. If the monitors are going to identify as 1.4a, you can't put a 1.2 rated cable extension in there... This may explain why my LG 27GN950 (4k / 144hz / Gsync) monitor was constantly complaining to me to use the cables that came with the monitor... it was detecting the lower bandwidth. One of the reasons I ended up returning the monitor because of odd behavior...

2) Asus doesn't make the Motherboard in the a200... judging by the pictures in This review, this is clearly an ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax

3) I call complete and total BS on this. In this Thread I clearly asked for a BIOS update. ASUS published 8+ BIOS updates for the retail version of the board that were AGESA related. These AGESA patches affected performance and stability of the platform, and I was told they were not important enough to warrant a BIOS update. For 7 months I was told by multiple corsair employees that there was no BIOS coming because it wasn't a security issue. During that time ASUS published a BIOS fix for the x570 USB issue. I started an RMA process to fix the USB issue, and then a the BIOS update dropped. No one on these forums or on the open support ticket ever notified me of the update.

1) That is really concerning, I will have to wait and see if there are any more reviews or testing before I proceed.

2) I dont think he said that ASUS made the motherboard at any point, he said that you need to potentially update the VBIOS from ASUS. That would be the video card. So I would say its safe to bet that the 3080 is one from ASUS. Which means its either the TUF Gaming or ROG STRIX

3) Yeah hence my asking for a way to return the Motherboard back to ASROCK BIOS. @Corsair Albert, is this something you can send a link for?

1) That is really concerning, I will have to wait and see if there are any more reviews or testing before I proceed.

2) I dont think he said that ASUS made the motherboard at any point, he said that you need to potentially update the VBIOS from ASUS. That would be the video card. So I would say its safe to bet that the 3080 is one from ASUS. Which means its either the TUF Gaming or ROG STRIX

3) Yeah hence my asking for a way to return the Motherboard back to ASROCK BIOS. @Corsair Albert, is this something you can send a link for?

2) I misread, he was talking about a VBIOS update from ASUS which could in fact make the GPU in the a200. For reference the GPU in my a100 was made by MSI

3) I don't think this is advisable, there could be hardware level differences. In the case of the a100, noticeable hardware changes were the complete removal of the HDMI and DisplayPort connectors on the motherboard. You CAN overwrite the BIOS with anything, but you may end up with more issues than it is worth or even a paperweight.

Guest techildllc
I also have one more question: What is the Power limit on the 3080 in this machine? Is it the full 320W, or did Corsair have to limit that in VBIOS due to the cooling solution?

The a100 cooling solution was struggling with 250W power limit of the 2080ti / 2080 SUPER. I kept my fan at 100% and my GPU coolant temps were regularly at 55c, with a critical temp of 60c. I don't see how it could cool a card that is using 70W more power. If Corsair didn't lower the power limit, how are they accounting for the power increase?

Based on the way he had phrased it, a "VBIOS from ASUS" for rebar.... etc.... So sounds like its not limited by Corsair as its straight from ASUS. Um, I dont know for sure, too bad I didnt see this before I sent the system out for RMA. I can certainly check when it comes back if you are curious. I think I can read that value out in GPU-Z?

Power limit is set by the manufacturer (ASUS presumably) in VBIOS and is dependent on model. So I can easily see Corsair having a custom model with a custom VBIOS that limits the power based for the sake of thermals.

Typically it will be something like 250W for the 2080 Super / TI and depending on the card, you can to push that between +7% to +30% higher using MSI Afterburner. The VBIOS on the 2080 SUPER in my a100 was set to 250W and didn't allow any additional power... which I'm assuming was for thermal reasons considering my loop was at 55c under full load.

I don't think that the base power limit is reported by any of the major tools. You would have to use GPUz to monitor the power usage while running something like Kombustor to put the GPU under a 100% load.

Edited by Azureblood2

• 2 weeks later...
Power limit is set by the manufacturer (ASUS presumably) in VBIOS and is dependent on model. So I can easily see Corsair having a custom model with a custom VBIOS that limits the power based for the sake of thermals.

Typically it will be something like 250W for the 2080 Super / TI and depending on the card, you can to push that between +7% to +30% higher using MSI Afterburner. The VBIOS on the 2080 SUPER in my a100 was set to 250W and didn't allow any additional power... which I'm assuming was for thermal reasons considering my loop was at 55c under full load.

I don't think that the base power limit is reported by any of the major tools. You would have to use GPUz to monitor the power usage while running something like Kombustor to put the GPU under a 100% load.

Just wanted to jump in with my experience with the a200 Pro. The 3080 they put in these (well at least mine) has been very performant.

As mentioned, they look to be supplied by Asus and GPU-Z reports it's clock and boost clock settings to be the same as the founder edition cards with a boost clock of 1710. With that said, under the default config, my card will boost to 1965Mhz core clock and maintain 70c while running Furmark with a 100% GPU load. This results in a 315-320 watt power draw which, again is the same spec as an FE cards.

Overclocking wise, with Precision X1 and setting target power to 114%, the card was stable with a max reported power draw of 112% and I was able to get a stable boost clock of 2110Mhz staying at 71c core temp. Note that this was mostly just a quick test to get the idea of the capabilities of the card and I haven't benchmarked it or messed with the memory clock yet. But overall it does not look like they have put hamstrung video cards or VBIOS in these systems.

According to CPU-z the TDP for the 3080 is 320.0W.

I posted screenshots for both cpu-z and gpu-z in the thread "a200 cpu-z values / memory timing".

According to CPU-z it contains DDR4-2667" (out of the box, nothing changed) which seems to be different to what is stated in the first post of this thread:

http://www.boerdijk.org/images/2021/corsair/a200-introduction.pnghttp://www.boerdijk.org/images/2021/corsair/cpuz-a200-mem.png

Weirdly the part number does contain a *3200* - but that could be coincidental I guess. Or maybe it needs to be tweaked somewhere in the bios, or with performance mode or something to get it to 3200?

Edited by kalmiya

• Corsair Employee
  1. Wait seriously? A $4400 workstation doesn't even have a Dp1.4 or HDMI 2.1? We have to rely on DSC? The customer is paying for what they think to be a 3080 but you guys hamstring the video card with DP1.2 and HDMI 2.0 bandwidth extension cables? Please tell Corsair will be fixing that!

2. So is the VBIOS available from Asus to download directly or is this some custom variant that needs to come from Corsair? Has the BIOS been updated to allow for the feature to be enabled?

3. Can you PM me the information on the command line BIOS update tool if this isnt something you want to post publicly?

Thanks!

1) These CORSAIR ONEs are absolutely equipped with a RTX 3080. Not all RTX 3080s have the same output.

2) The publicly available update from ASUS will work, otherwise it is available for download on the CORSAIR ONE product pages.

3) We cannot provide this.

]Will Corsair provide replacement parts / paid repair service for machines that are out of warranty or is this machine a paperweight when the AIO inevitable dies the day after the warranty expires?

In regards to out-of-warranty, you would need to speak with our Support team directly so they can further discuss this with you, especially if there's any specific needs involving parts or repairs.

Just wanted to jump in with my experience with the a200 Pro. The 3080 they put in these (well at least mine) has been very performant.

As mentioned, they look to be supplied by Asus and GPU-Z reports it's clock and boost clock settings to be the same as the founder edition cards with a boost clock of 1710. With that said, under the default config, my card will boost to 1965Mhz core clock and maintain 70c while running Furmark with a 100% GPU load. This results in a 315-320 watt power draw which, again is the same spec as an FE cards.

Overclocking wise, with Precision X1 and setting target power to 114%, the card was stable with a max reported power draw of 112% and I was able to get a stable boost clock of 2110Mhz staying at 71c core temp. Note that this was mostly just a quick test to get the idea of the capabilities of the card and I haven't benchmarked it or messed with the memory clock yet. But overall it does not look like they have put hamstrung video cards or VBIOS in these systems.

Thank you for your feedback, Laden. It is greatly appreciated.

According to CPU-z the TDP for the 3080 is 320.0W.

I posted screenshots for both cpu-z and gpu-z in the thread "a200 cpu-z values / memory timing".

According to CPU-z it contains DDR4-2667" (out of the box, nothing changed) which seems to be different to what is stated in the first post of this thread:

Weirdly the part number does contain a *3200* - but that could be coincidental I guess. Or maybe it needs to be tweaked somewhere in the bios, or with performance mode or something to get it to 3200?

DDR4-3200 is accurate. If it's anything else, then please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support will look into this and provide a solution.

So does this mean the Corsair One A200 with 5950x/RTX 3080 does not support a 360hz refresh rate monitor using DisplayPort 1.4? This is the monitor I'm about to buy.

Guest techildllc
So does this mean the Corsair One A200 with 5950x/RTX 3080 does not support a 360hz refresh rate monitor using DisplayPort 1.4? This is the monitor I'm about to buy.

I guess depends on the resolution right? That will determine full bandwidth. Also DSC will give you approximately a 3x more bandwidth boost. Either way, this is definitely very sneaky of them! Nothing advertised on their website. Only way to know is to have checked here!

I had a 4k / 144hz display that required DP 1.4a and DSC. It was constantly complaining to me to use the included cable. It was also disconnecting every time it went into sleep mode... I ended up returning it because of this when it was probably the DP 1.2 extensions.

I guess depends on the resolution right? That will determine full bandwidth. Also DSC will give you approximately a 3x more bandwidth boost. Either way, this is definitely very sneaky of them! Nothing advertised on their website. Only way to know is to have checked here!

all of the 360hz monitors are 1080p, but they use DP 1.4 cables. This is an astronomically poor oversight from Corsair if this doesn't support the latest 1440p 240hz/1080p 360hz monitors. Absolutely unacceptable honestly and they should fix this for anyone who bought one of these.