Corsair Community

ASUS B450 led and iCue

MikeRGB74

As you look in my system specs, i own a beautiful 4000D Airflow case by Corsair. I'm totally satisfied, but a week ago there was a sort of "issue" (for me)...

...roaming the motherboard bios (ASUS TUF Gaming B450 Pro) I managed to obtain the ErP in S4/S5 state (power management <1W when off) and I turned off m/b led when off.

I noticed that sometimes, when going on with the pc, the m/b led was not running correctly (was not linked to icue via Asus Armory Crate, and i don't wanted to install the latest but old ausu aura plugin.

Then, i made a choice.

Opened Armory Crate, turned off forever that m/b little led.

Then, because sometimes corsair rgb ram was stalling (like a problem in icue), i uninstalled all (icue, armory crate and plugins... it took me to go to windows safe mode to delete last files), then reinstalled ONLY iCue.

I get rid of that ASUS software, I get rid of led ram stalling.

For me this is a solution... because in a very near future (weeks?) i plan to add to my case a kit of SP Elite 120mm fans, then i can control even the rgb fan of the CX PSU (a SP fan in fact) and maybe add a corsair rgb keyboard and mouse... so the little asus led..... pfff!!!! gone.

Aura was fine, but EOL.. and becoming a pain to use with iCUE..

The TUF's lighting being.. uh.. symbolic.. you're WAY better off turning that off , clearly ! Armory crate is a buggy mess and a resource hog, probably as bad as iCUE. Better off without it :)

Aura was fine, but EOL.. and becoming a pain to use with iCUE..

The TUF's lighting being.. uh.. symbolic.. you're WAY better off turning that off , clearly ! Armory crate is a buggy mess and a resource hog, probably as bad as iCUE. Better off without it :)

Yep, I think so... Thanks for sharing your point of view.