Corsair Community

ICUE Forcing all LEDs red?

Noxxender

Hello,

Just finished building my new system and upon installing ICUE I'm having a strange issue with all my LEDs being forced red despite what is set up in ICUE.

MB: MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-850 Gold

GPU: RTX 2080 Super

Corsair Products:

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16)

CPU AIO: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT

ST100 Headphone Stand

Void Elite Wireless

M65 RGB Mouse

K70 RGB Keyboard

I've tried uninstalling ICUE which returns them to their default ranbow pattern, but upon reinstall it forces everything red again.

Update:

Issue ended up being with MSI's motherboard software overwriting the ICUE Profiles on reboot. Found setting in Dragon Center to stop this.

Second issue, can't save profile to device memory on K70/M65 RGB w/ ICUE 4. -- Resolved by installing ICUE 3.18.77 to update profiles and then reinstalling ICUE 4.

Third issue, ICUE 4 crashes every time I lock windows.

Edited by Noxxender
Resolutions to issues

Think I figured it out. MSI's motherboard software for some reason has a setting that overwrites 3rd party RBG settings on reboot. No idea why that was a default settings. Mouse is still being a little finicky but I think I'm on the right track.

Is it possible to save color profiles to the device memory in ICUE 4? I'm not seeing it like it was in the old version I had.

It should under the “Hardware Lighting” tab for each device. Some of those devices like the ST100 and void may not have HW Lighting capability.

Yeah I see that for the H100i and the RAM, however it's not there on the Keyboard and Mouse which is strange cause I saved them as all green on the prior version of ICUE so they turn back to that color profile when I lock my computer.

K70 RGB and M65 RGB

Edit: They're pretty old but I don't think they predate the feature, since I was able to do it in ICUE 3.

Edit 2: Okay yeah, I had to uninstall 4 and reinstall 3.18.77 in order to save to the K70 & M65 RBG. But now I notice yet another issue. With ICUE 4, every time I lock my computer the app crashes. Which isn't a huge deal other than it setting the ST100 back to rainbow because it doesn't have onboard memory lol.

Edited by Noxxender
IQUE/ICUE

I am not sure on the crashing issue. The HW Lighting issue is a byproduct of the earlier CUE 3 change to how save to device is handled, but those products should work in CUE 4. The K100 is a nice upgrade, but ironically adds a third HW Lighting method to what you have seen so far. It has a larger memory cache and can take many profiles with lighting elements you can’t save to other devices. That’s not a negative by any means, just FYI and it looks like that is how the newer KB storage will be handled.