Corsair Community

SP120 RGB Pro with white colour fixed (Corsair 570X)

Hi everyone,

I have my Corsair 570X with stock fans (3 SP120 RGB with SP Lightning Controller) but i need to add a fourth fan.

I bought one SP120 RGB PRO (i can not found SP120 RGB) but it's always in white color and I can't sync it with the rest of the fans.

After doing many tests, I have come to the conclusion that the SP120 RGB PRO fan is not compatible with the stock controller of my Corsair 570X.

I just need to add one more fan and have it synchronize with the rest, is it possible without having to change the whole set of fans?

Is the SP120 RGB fan discontinued?

Is there another fan model that is compatible with my SP controller?

Thank you very much in advance.

No other fan is compatible with the SP-RGB fan/controller.

Other RGB fans need to be on a different channel; they can't be on the same hub as the SP-RGB fans.

Thanks for your answer.

I'm very surprised that the SP RGB PRO fan is not compatible with the SP controller that comes with my 570X tower.

The SP controller is for the original SP-RGB fans that came with the case. They use a different type of LED than every other RGB fan out there, including Corsair's.

The problem, IMHO, is in the naming of the newer fans. They really should not have called them "SP" as it leads to confusion - as you can attest. While for those of us that have been neck deep in the Corsair RGB world for the past 3 years, this is well known - but for the average user that doesn't live with this stuff day in and day out, it makes absolutely no sense at all. If they had just given it a different name, things would be less confusing. But Corsair's naming "strategy" is really quite confusing.

The SP controller is for the original SP-RGB fans that came with the case. They use a different type of LED than every other RGB fan out there, including Corsair's.

The problem, IMHO, is in the naming of the newer fans. They really should not have called them "SP" as it leads to confusion - as you can attest. While for those of us that have been neck deep in the Corsair RGB world for the past 3 years, this is well known - but for the average user that doesn't live with this stuff day in and day out, it makes absolutely no sense at all. If they had just given it a different name, things would be less confusing. But Corsair's naming "strategy" is really quite confusing.

Thanks you for help me. Your explication is very clearly.