Corsair Community

ICUE not detecting commander pro?

Raif21

Just built a new computer, 21 fans, 2 pumps cooling block for cpu and cooling block for GPU putting in a few weeks...

I have installed icue, first time using it I thought it was working correctly until looking up information on the program I see that the commander pro has its own icon and more information then I am able to see

What I do see in icue is my case 1000d, and my lighting node pro.

Through my case (which I thought was my commander pro) I can get lights to work and pump speed to work based of my cpu temp. My fans are all spinning but it doesn’t look like I have control of them as they stay at 1600 (according to icue)

I mostly followed this set up https://imgur.com/Q2bE2bm

3 fan headers all plugged into commander pro port 2-4 and one pump plugged into port 1 (other pump is not in use yet until I set up GPU with water cooling so it’s unplugged for now)

4RGB hubs with all the fans plugged in and linked together into one of the ports on commander pro, not using pass through for the case

Fans are ML 120, and 5 HD 140 all are rgb

I don’t understand why I’m not seeing commander pro in ICUE yet when looking at the 1000D in ICUE I can see fan port 1 and 3 that are plugged into commander pro?

Can anyone help me get commander pro working correctly?

So my question then is why I don’t see fan’s for ports 2 and 4. I’m only seeing fans from ports 1(pump) and 3(coming from fan header) all fans are spining though

Also I am picking up 2 more commander pro’s thinking that I can clean up a lot of wire’s and make it easier to control certain devices. But need more USB 9pin on mobo.

I have the 9pin USB from case plugged in but I’m unsure what it’s for? Could u let me know? I don’t believe it’s for the front USB as they seem to have there own wireing?

Edited by Raif21
Added question

First, your speed is at max because you are using the built-in Extreme profile. That's based off of CPU temp and it typically isn't a good temp source for fan control - especially in a liquid cooled system.

Second - for the fans not showing up, have you set them to 4-pin or to autodetect in settings? I would suggest setting them to 4-pin manually rather than autodetect.

Ok switched them to 4 pin fans were working but still not get any data reporting back to em I think I posted a pic..... anyway after that I checked connection which seemed fine then found the fan header that was working vs the 2 that were not..... everything looked connected except one thing.... they weren’t in a series meaning the last two out of the 10 connection for the hub were empty.... each fan connection has no label like on Corsair products so I didn’t put much thought into it, switched them around following the working header so 1-8, on the remaining 2 and boom now I got readings..... thanks for the help having someone to bounce ideas and try things helped out a lot because I was lost.... now everything is working correct.

I do have a inline temp sensor for cooling liquid to use for fan speed but I don’t know if it’s reliable enough? As the temp of coolant doesn’t really change much maybe 5 degrees under load.... where the CPU will jump from 40 up to 70-75 under load and the. Drop back down to 60ish

Should I set fan curve to temp sensor in loop and pump to CPU temp?

Again thanks for your imput