Corsair Community

AIO for Obsidian 500D RGB SE?

Luminaire

Hey, everyone. I'm new to the forum and I had a specific question about the Obsidian 500D RGB SE. I'm planning on doing a new PC build this year (or possibly next year if PC parts don't go back down in price or come in stock) using an Obsidian 500D RGB SE. I was curious if anyone here has done a build with that using an AIO liquid CPU cooler and - if so - whether a front-mounted 360mm unit or top-mounted 240/280mm unit provides better ventilation.

I've seen photos on PC Part Picker showing a front-mounted 360mm in an 500D RGB SE both with the included radiator fans on & off. Is using only the three front-mounted 120mm LL RGB fans (the ones that come with the case) with the 360mm radiator enough, or does having the radiator sandwiched between those and the radiator's fans provide better cooling (despite how bulky it is and if the motherboard can support 9 fans in total)? I am looking for a slimmer build, so I am leaning toward a top-mounted 280mm cooler and using its included fans until I can afford to replace them with 140mm LL RGBs to match the 500D RGB SE's included ones; additionally, having a top-mounted exhaust seems like it'd provide better ventilation than a front-mounted intake unless you are going to add both a 120mm rear fan (which I plan on using as well [an LL120 to complete the set]) and two 120/140mm top fans.

My H115i has fans pushing air up and out through the radiator

This seems to be the most common configuration

My CPU hardly budges in temperature regardless of the workload

Hope everyone's idea can give you some foresight as to the best for your rig and budget