Corsair Community

K95 disconnects again and again and again

Great keyboard - AWFUL CONNECTION. I am at the point tonight where it disconnects every few minutes. Yeah, the keyboard itself is great and does cool things, but what's the point of having it if it disconnects so often? It has happened for so long that I see the pattern. HEAT causes it to disconnect. Earlier today it had no issues, my AC was set to 75F. Turned it up to 78F because I was getting cold. Then the disconnections started happening. I just do what I always do (and shouldn't have to do), I unplug the USB, wait a few seconds, plug it back in and it works fine again. But no, my Corsair keyboard didn't want to let me get away that easy; starting to disconnect about every FIVE MINUTES. Here is the crazy part - MY MOUSE IS CONNECTED THROUGH THE USB ON THE KEYBOARD AND NEVER DISCONNECTS. I look at iCUE and it has NO IDEA where my keyboard is, even though the my mouse works through the same keyboard. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling iCUE and that did nothing. I just don't understand - I plug in hardware, it should connect. That simple. Edited by n1cholas
small typo

• Corsair Employees

Hi n1cholas,

Sorry you're having issues with your keyboard -- I'm assuming you mean one of our K95 keyboards (please let us know if not.)

The USB passthrough your mouse is connected to is connected to a separate USB port, that's why the keyboard's USB cable has 2 USB connections on it - so the USB passthrough is powered.

Try swapping the keyboard to a different USB port here to start.

If that doesn't help, resetting the keyboard to a factory state could help, so please try these soft reset instructions next:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

If none of the above helps, please open a ticket with support using the link at the top of this page for further assistance.

Changing the USB cable ports did nothing different. I tried the reset, but my keyboard never flashes. I unplugged the keyboard, and then held down the escape key. While holding down the escape key I plugged the keyboard back in and kept holding down esc for about a minute and no flashing occurred.

Quick update. I got a laptop cooling pad and the issue still happens. So perhaps not heat related. The only thing that DID get rid of the issue is to turn off all of my light settings (i.e. all of the keyboards lights remain off). When I turned off all the lights I would have no issues all day. I created a ticket and am working with support in this issue. Will update when I learn something new.

• Corsair Employees
Please open a ticket with support at this point. For expedited results, please include a photograph of the rear information panel of your keyboard as well -- this will help the support agent provide you immediately with a potential viable firmware solution.