Corsair Community

iCUE MoBo Temps and Fan Speed Qs

jedibendu

I'm still working to figure out iCUE and more, so I appreciate your help.

FBRmhHI.png

This is a screenshot from iCUE on my setup.

First Question - Even after a reboot, I have two sensors that are through the roof - highlighted in the red squares. It does not appear to be impacting performance, just worried this may cause some sort of damage.

Second question - According to the dashboard, there are 2 fans connected to my MoBo spinning at 2200+ RPM - highlighted in the orange square. I have no fans connected, all fans are connected to a CoCo. Can I just remove those fans from the dashboard? Also, where is that number coming from? Should I use it as an indicator for how to set up other fans?

Appreciate all your patience and help.

Unfortunately it is most likely junk data. Nothing on your board is 97C and if you quit CUE and the two Corsair Services, then load up HWiNFO or AIDA you can confirm nothing is anywhere near the value on the MB. Unfortunately the Asus Embedded Controller is a bit difficult and weird readings are common. You will see absurdly high stuff over 100C and you will also see impossible low values like 11C. Duplicates are also common. I generally tend to delete the trash and if I really need an exact MB value for something, I use one of the previously mentioned programs.

It could the fan speed may be the pump RPM on the Capellix and you can compare that to the CUE value which will be accurate. I am not sure why it's doubled, but that could be more of the above. I am assuming your MB does not have a chipset fan or something else build in. I have not really looked at the B550 boards for detail yet.